nine

EVERYONE ASIDE FROM SAM, TARA, AND BAILEY sat inside of the FBI van. Sam and Tara were going to be "bait" for Ghostface.

Once Ghostface called Sam, Kirby and Bailey were going to trace the call to find out where the killer was located, and hopefully catch him if he was nearby.

Brielle figured Ethan probably had an accomplice that he wasn't telling her about. She desperately hoped he did so Kirby would be able to catch someone.

Her and Ethan together were just so... toxic. But Brielle felt as if she owed something to him for whatever reason. Maybe it was because she was starting to catch slight feelings for him.

Brielle wished she was outside with her sisters because Ethan was sitting so close to her, the butterflies in her stomach almost flew out.

Chad, Mindy, and Kirby were also in the van.

"I don't see how this is a good idea. Our Uncle Randy was in broad daylight and then he was yanked into a van! Stab, stab, stab, no more Randy!" Mindy exclaimed.

Kirby raised an eyebrow. "Oh."

There was an uncomfortable pause. "Just you kids talk while I figure this out."

The four looked at each other. Mindy seemed so distrustful of Brielle ever since Anika's death. Brielle didn't blame her. She did look really suspicious. And she partially blamed herself for her friend's death.

"Wanna know something?" Ethan asked with a smirk, looking at the twins.

"What, Ghostface?" Mindy said with an eye roll, crossing her arms. For some reason she hated Ethan even more at the moment.

"Bri and I are dating."

Brielle gasped herself. Not that she knew of.

"Seriously?" Mindy said, eyeing both of them.

"Really?" Chad said almost at the same time.

"Both Ghostfaces together," Mindy laughed.

"Knock it off!" he said playfully shoving his twin.

He seemed as if he was beginning to trust Ethan again, and almost definitely Brielle. "I know you're too sweet to be Ghostface, Bri. But if Ethan's who makes you happy," he shrugged.

Brielle blushed a bit. She assumed Ethan would stab her or something if she didn't go along with whatever he was doing.

"Yeah, I really like him."

Mindy looked concerned. "Does Sam or Tara know yet?"

"Still working on that! But actually I think we need to talk outside, Ethan!" Brielle said, a bit of aggressiveness in her tone.

Kirby watched as they opened the back door of the van and she pointed a finger at them. "Hey! I want both of you back as soon as possible! It's not safe out there!"

Both of them nodded, and Ethan shut the door of the van. Ethan leaned his arm against the van, smirking back at Brielle.

"What was that?" she hissed.

"I mean I have to make all the time we're spending together believable. You can put up with fake-dating me until this is all over."

She wondered what Ethan meant by "all over".

"No! This is already too much. I have to lie for someone I know is hurting my friends!" Bri yelled, pacing back and forth.

"You know I make the rules here. And come on, I've seen the way you look at me."

He moved in a little bit closer.

"You're disgusting. I don't want anything to do with you."

Ethan grabbed an object from his pocket. It was a knife that he pointed in her direction.

"Aw, come on babe."

He made a stabbing motion towards her stomach. "Hmmm... keep your life or get stabbed? Seems like a pretty easy choice to me."

It wasn't really a choice. Brielle wondered why it had to be her. She was always in the darkness compared to her sisters.

If only she didn't follow him to his dorm room. Then she would be solving this mystery of the case just like anyone else. Not keeping a secret as big as this.

"You can't stab me. They'll see when I go back in," Brielle pointed out.

"I'll just say Ghostface got you."

"I really hate you. You know that right?"

Ethan smirked, wrapping his arms around her waist. "Whatever you say."

The knife was hidden once again.

She opened the door to the van, Ethan's arms wrapped around her as they walked in together. She tried to look away from the others in a red flush.

They both sat down, and he moved close to her. Bri's head was now resting on his chest, and he held her hand. 

She wanted to scream. But then she didn't. She couldn't help but admit she was enjoying this just as much as he was.