09 - an uncaught killer

It had been four weeks since Spencer and Lilith met on that elevator back in Las Vegas

It had been four weeks since Spencer and Lilith met on that elevator back in Las Vegas. And for four weeks neither had let the other stray from their mind for long.

Spencer was currently getting home from a case, Lilith had gone over to his apartment to wait for his return. Before he left on this case he had officially given her the spare key from the kitchen drawer.

It might have been soon and they might have been taking this relationship at lightning speed however neither seemed to care. Both of them felt drawn to the other, as if they had known each other in another life and their souls were magnetically drawn together once again.

As Spencer trudged up the stairs to his floor he walked with a sense of exhaustion and anticipation. He couldn't be happier to be putting his key into his door, looking forward to both sleep and to seeing Lilith.

As he entered the apartment, the soft glow of of all of the lamps in the living room greeted him, casting a cozy ambiance throughout the living room. Lilith claimed that the 'big' overhead light was too much, turning all the lamps on was far better.

Spencer's eyes immediately sought out Lilith, who was perched on the couch, a book in her hands. Her face lit up with a radiant smile as she set the book aside, rising to her feet to greet him.

"Hi Spence," Lilith said, her voice a soothing melody that instantly eased the tension in his shoulders. "Welcome home."

A grateful smile tugged at Spencer's lips as he closed the distance between them, enveloping Lilith in a tight hug. He breathed in the familiar scent of her, a blend of her perfume and his own shower gel. It was a scent that had become synonymous with comfort and home.

"Thank you for being here," Spencer murmured, his voice laced with sincerity. "Coming back to you makes everything worth it."

Lilith pulled back slightly, her eyes locking with his, filled with affection and understanding. "You don't have to thank me, Spencer. I'll always be here for you, no matter what. That's what partners do."

Spencer couldn't help but marvel at the depth of their connection. In just a few weeks, Lilith had become an anchor in his chaotic world, a source of stability and unwavering support. She understood him in a way few others did, and he cherished every moment they shared together.

He was quick to capture her lips with his, giving her a gentle kiss before separating, leaning his forehead against hers.

He let himself savor the moment before taking a step back to truly take in the sight of her. She looked beautiful, as always, her eyes sparkling with genuine happiness and her lips curved into a soft smile. The weariness that had settled on his shoulders seemed to dissipate, replaced by a renewed energy fueled by her presence.

"Did you miss me?" Spencer asked, a hint of playfulness in his voice.

Lilith chuckled, her laughter like music to his ears. "Of course, I did. I always miss you when you're away. But I'm glad you're back safe now."