12 - dinner with jacob

The soft glow of restaurant lights bathed the quaint little bistro, casting a warm vibe over the small table where Spencer and Lilith sat

The soft glow of restaurant lights bathed the quaint little bistro, casting a warm vibe over the small table where Spencer and Lilith sat. A hum of soft conversation and the clinking of cutlery filled the air as they enjoyed a quiet dinner. The two shared smiles and laughter, immersed in the blissful bubble of their budding relationship.

Lilith sipped her wine, her eyes playfully fixed on Spencer. "So, Doctor Reid, regretting moving in with me yet?"

Spencer arched an eyebrow, a hint of a smirk playing on his lips. "Hmm, let me think. I would have to say that your tendency to leave your shoes in the middle of the hallway and not so secret chocolate stash are really putting a wedge in this relationship."

Lilith gasped in mock horror. "You found the chocolate stash? That was supposed to be my emergency supply!"

Spencer grinned, teasing her. "Well, consider the emergency over. I have confiscated the contraband."

She playfully glared at him. "You're lucky you're cute, or I might have to reconsider this living arrangement."

Spencer leaned in, his eyes twinkling with mischief. "Cute? Dr. Reid is not cute. Dr. Reid is a highly skilled profiler with an IQ that—"

"Lilith," a voice interrupted, the voice rough and filled with an odd mixture of surprise and displeasure. "What are you doing here?"

Lilith's eyes widened as she looked up and saw her estranged brother, Jacob, standing beside their table, looking more disheveled than the last time she had seen him.

Lilith took a deep breath, attempting to maintain composure. "Jacob, this isn't the time or the place. Can we talk later?"

Jacob did not seem to care about Lilith's protest. He glanced at Spencer, his gaze sharp and accusatory. "Who's this? Another one of your projects?"

Spencer, sensing the tension, offered a polite smile. "Hi, I'm Spencer. Lilith and I are just having dinner. Can we catch up later?"

But Jacob wasn't easily deterred. His eyes narrowed as he scrutinized the two. "Dinner? Lilith, you never mentioned anything about a boyfriend. What's going on?"

Lilith sighed, her patience wearing thin. "It's not the time or the place, Jacob. Let's talk soon."

He crossed his arms, a defiant glint in his eyes. "I want to know what's happening. You owe me that much."

Lilith's frustration grew. "Jacob, I don't owe you an explanation for my life. We can talk about this later, but not here."

Spencer, sensing the escalating tension, attempted to interject. "Look, I understand this might be unexpected, but we're just trying to enjoy a quiet evening. We can talk later, under more suitable circumstances."

Jacob, however, wasn't ready to let the matter go. "You've always been like this, Lilith. Keeping secrets, shutting people out. I deserve to know what's going on."