__4

We grew closer, and you started dropping me off more often, even offering me the seat next to you. You became my study partner and protector from the bullies.

Everything was perfect until the day you asked me if we could hang out together. I had never done that before, never skipped college with friends—perhaps because I had never had a friend as close as you.

"It would be fun," you said, and indeed it was.

That day, instead of your car, we rode on your bike. You took me to a mountain, but fear gripped me. However, you encouraged me to let go and lose myself in the experience.

We climbed the mountain together. It was exhausting yet peaceful. For the first time, my emotions were crystal clear. I could hear my heart beating loudly and rapidly. I thought it was the best day of my life, but you made it even better.

After descending, we hopped back on your bike. You drove fast, and I had to hold on tightly. Being this close to you felt new and different. I experienced a surge of emotions I had never felt before. I felt whole, as if I had discovered the missing piece of myself.

As we rode on the roads around the mountain, fine drizzles began to fall from the clear sky. I looked up, feeling the gentle rain on my face, spreading my arms. I was overcome with happiness in that moment.

"The rain is getting heavier. I think we should wait until it stops," you said, bringing me back to reality.

"Okay," I replied, realizing that it didn't matter where I was as long as I was with you.