__6

An hour had passed, but there was no sign of the rain stopping. The clouds in the sky grew denser, and the weather turned colder. My full-sleeved top was no longer sufficient. Sensing my discomfort, you decided to wrap your jacket around me. It carried your scent, as if you were embracing me.

However, seeing you there in only a half-sleeved tee, I couldn't keep the jacket to myself.

"Should we make a fire?" I suggested.

You raised your eyebrows before responding, "Let's go."

After collecting enough wooden sticks and putting in considerable effort to light the fire, we both sat around it. We used the fire to dry our wet clothes, which had become soaked in the rain.

I sat there, hugging my knees, feeling drained and inactive. I closed my eyes, resting my head on my knees. It felt warm and safe.

After a few seconds, I opened my eyes, and your face was so close to mine. You were looking at me intensely. Your fingertips grazed the side of my face, gently tucking strands of hair behind my ear. Closing the distance between us, you leaned in, and before I could realize it, your lips touched mine. I froze, too shocked to react.

Seconds later, you pulled back, leaving me speechless. Words were stuck in my throat. I stole a glance into your eyes, and this time, the emotions reflected were different from before. I feared it was regret.

Without saying anything, you left, leaving me alone, all on my own.