Chapter 14 - Do the Honour

*Song: You're the One by Luca Fogale*

//////

Morana's POV:

I was having a sweet dream of a hunt I did before, how I chased the guy down LA streets with my motorcycle, just like how they do in Fast and Furious.

Then a slow tickling feeling going down the skin of my back wakes me up.

Last night flashes across my mind, rippling a small smile on my face.

She tried so hard to tell me why she couldn't get an answer from God about the whole soul thing, but honestly, I don't care.

I realised all I want is her. I want her to trust me, rely on me...be mine.

So I had to tell her even though I didn't have the words. I had to let her know, I would risk the things that I value for her safety.

When she kissed me, I knew she knew how I feel about her.

Our emotions were raw and primal. They clashed, chafed, and now, calmed.

Joel just needs to get over the bloody fact that I don't have a soul.

What difference does it make anyway?

Why can't we just have fun?

'I think I like you more than I probably should.'

Suddenly, I hear her muttering behind me with a sigh. My heartbeat involuntarily races.

'What did you just say?' I ask and turn myself around, catching her face going from surprised to embarrassed.

'Um, I-I mean...' She stutters, cheeks crimson.

'You like me huh?'

I press, not just for teasing her, but because I truly want to hear her say it to my face.

Her bright blues flicker, searching my face, and with another sigh, she admits, 'Yes, I do,' she then quickly adds, 'As a person of course.'

I frown. As a person? Really?

'That's it?' I hate that I feel disappointed with her answer, knowing it isn't the whole truth.

She sighs, again, 'Morana, I can't have you believing that you don't have a soul while establishing an emotional bond with you.'

Not this again. I sit up, looking down at her. I can tell her sight wants to go lower than my face, yet she doesn't dare to.

'And why does it matter so much? I don't care if God is not within me.'

'Because it matters.' She sits up too, looking serious and sad. 'I...it's not about God. It's about how you can't feel how I feel.'

She rushes the last of the sentence out, quicker than I can process. I blink, not sure about what I hear is what I think she's saying.

How she feels.

What does she mean that I can't feel what she feels?

Silence fills the gap between us for a moment, I don't know what to say to that.

I'm not used to this kind of emotional situation. Maybe I should ask how she feels.

'Um-'

'Anyway, I should go back to my room.' Joel rushes to get her clothes back on, running out of the room before I could say anything.

I am left dumbfounded.

She usually is better than this. I can't help but huff to myself. For once, I feel like confronting the matter of emotions, she's the one avoiding.