Chapter 6

The room went silent. The doctor went wide eyed, dropping their clipboard in the process. The question that they didn't expect to come from such words.

"Doctor, my answer?" Luigi asked, waiting to get a clear answer to his question.

The doctor cleared their throat. "Well Luigi, uhm there isn't the clearest answer but well you see," The doctor paused, looking away from Luigi before continuing. "There is quite a cost for removing them, and going through with the surgery."

Luigi thought to himself, knowing that there would be a cost, though he wasn't too sure what that cost would be. "Doctor. I-a don't care what the cost would-a be. I just-a need to get them removed."

The doctor was silent. They contemplated their next words very carefully, as to not possibly lose their job. "Having your soul marks removed could kill you and the person you are bound to. I don't know if this is a good idea."

The doctor pleaded with Luigi, hoping he wouldn't make such a brash decision. "Luigi, please just think about it and talk to your brother before you go through with this all the way. Mario won't want to lose you."

Luigi thought about it for a moment, and sighed. "Fine.. I'll talk-a to Mario okay?"