Two

Wesley's POV

**********

I watch Skye as she says her hello's to everyone in the studio, I have missed her so much, even though it has only been 2 weeks since I saw her on New Year's Eve. Drew stormed out a few minutes ago but he is overreacting, and I am too excited to see Skye to worry about Drew's bad mood. Skye gives me a quick kiss on the cheek then I start to pack up my guitar, she is completely lost in her thoughts as per usual and I wonder what it is she is thinking about. Skye glances over to me, looking nervous or scared or something, I can't quite tell but it makes me feel uncomfortable. I rush to finish packing up so I can get her alone and figure out what is worrying her, as she distracts herself with her phone. She doesn't say anything on the drive to the apartment me and the guys have been renting, and I feel a ball of concern building in the pit of my stomach. I already know that whatever is on her mind it isn't good, this feels like the time she saw a video clip of me leaving the X-Factor show with one of the dancers. She hadn't spoken to me for a few days then, and it had taken me a week for her to believe me that nothing happened and she was just a friend. I racked my brain to think of what she could possibly have seen or heard that would make her angry with me, or make her nervous to talk to me. We were way past the days of her not speaking her mind so it must be something pretty huge for her to be so quiet for so long.

We only spoke via Skype yesterday, surely not that much has changed in 24 hours. I take a deep breath as I walk around the car to open Skye's door, trying to calm the uneasy feeling in my stomach. I head for the door to the apartment but soon realise Skye isn't behind me, I turn around and she is still standing next to the car. "We need to talk Wesley" she says looking at the drive way, my stomach drops, this is not good. "Just come inside Skye, and we'll talk" I respond trying to sound casual, but inside my heart is racing and my blood is pounding in my ears. I watch as she shakes her head, the realisation that there would be only one reason for her not to want to come inside hits me, she doesn't plan on staying that long. I panic because the idea scares me and I have no idea what it is she thinking. She glances to the street and I follow her line of sight to see Taylor driving towards the apartment. I swallow trying to calm myself but my hands are shaking because I have a gnawing feeling I know what is coming next. "I want to break up" Skye says quietly, there it is, the words I didn't want to hear, I rush to stand in front of her and take her hands in mine. My heart breaks in my chest, tears threaten my eyes and I can't speak. I know I only have a few seconds before she gets into Taylor's car and drives away, "What? Why?" are the only words I can get out. "I don't want to be with you anymore" she responds with tears running down her face and takes her hands from mine. I search her face to see if this is some cruel joke but she is serious, it doesn't make any sense. My mind is blank and I am numb as I watch Skye turn and walk to Taylor's car, she hops in and they drive away. I can't believe what has just happened, my mind is racing, my heart is aching and I feel winded, like I can't get any air into my lungs. I try to suck back a breath...

**********

I wake, panting in my bed, grateful that the sensation of suffocating has gone now that I am awake. I look around the dark room wondering where I am, all these hotel rooms look the same, especially in the dark. I peek over at the alarm clock, 3:53am, I close my eyes wanting to go back to sleep. We have a show tonight and I'll need all my energy to get through rehearsals and sound check and kill it during the show. I try to slow my rapid breathing, I am shocked that I am still this affected by something that happened 5 months ago. Sure, it was the worst day of my life followed by the most painful and depressing couple of weeks of my life, but I thought time was supposed to heal all wounds. I know the reason I can't let this go is because I still have no idea why Skye broke up with me, and despite my best efforts to get over her, I am still in love with her. For the longest time I thought if I knew why she broke up with me that I could get her back but she wouldn't reply to any of my texts or answer any of my calls. The whole situation didn't feel right, we were meant to be together and the events over Spring Break only made me more confused.

**********

"Skye" I call out to her after spotting her standing near the shoreline, she turns to look at me and I jog down the sand. Me and the guys are having a few days off and have come to Huntington Beach to do a bit of surfing and relax. But I know somewhere inside me I was hoping to run into Skye, I knew it was Spring Break and that she'd probably come home for the week. This is the first time I've seen her since she broke up with me and secretly I had hoped I would hate her but seeing her has had the opposite effect. She is still gorgeous, more so if that's possible, and a looks amazing, as always, in her denim shorts and long sleeved tshirt. I want her back, I have to remind her how good we were together and that whatever her crazy reason is for wanting to break up, it's just not a good enough reason for us to be apart. I stop to stand next to her as she looks out to the water, there is an uncomfortable silence which I never thought would happen with us. I need to break the tension, "Do you remember when we were standing almost in this exact spot and you asked me how many girls I was going to sleep with in the future?" I ask, remembering the time. She doesn't reply but I see her smile out of the corner of my eye, this is a good sign and my hopes are lifted. I turn to face her and take her hand, pulling her to face me and I know I have to get her back.

"My answer then still applies now Skye" I start, she looks momentarily relieved and I wonder what she thinks I've been up to these past few months. "You are the only one I want to be with" I continue but she cuts me off, "Wesley, please don't do this" she almost begs me. "I love you Skye" I ignore her request, "Wesley, don't" she warns again but I can see in her eyes that she doesn't mean it. She looks away, I lift her chin with my hand and can see reservation in her big blue eyes, like she isn't sure what she wants. "I miss you" I whisper, and I feel so much better now that I have finally had the chance to say what I want to say and I know she has heard me, and hasn't just deleted my texts or erased my voicemails. "I miss you too Wesley" she blurts out, my heart swells and I feel a massive grin spread across my face. I want to ask her why she broke up with me and why she hasn't called me if she misses me and if she wants to get back together but more than anything I want to kiss her. I bend down and softly bring my lips to hers, and I can't help but smile into the kiss as I feel her hands around my neck pulling me down to deepen the kiss. Before I get the chance to comply she moves her hands to my shoulders and pushes me away swiftly, stepping back and almost falls backwards. I reach out for her but she throws her hands up warning me not to, "This is not a good idea" she says softly almost to herself. "I don't want to get back together Wesley" Skye says with more conviction this time, but I can still sense some uncertainty in her voice. I am hurt and confused but also hopeful, as I watch her storm off down the beach.

**********

'Beep, beep, beep' I am jolted awake by the sound of my alarm, I must have drifted off again. I spring out of bed, for some reason I am in a much better mood, and I hop into the shower. I recall my most recent dream and smile, that is a good memory because it was the start of an amazing couple of days, despite them not ending how I had hoped. I think about our upcoming time off, we have been on tour for months now but it is almost the start of summer and we have 6 weeks off after we end our tour in LA. The idea of going back to Huntington Beach makes me smile even more, and it dawns on me that I am hoping for a repeat of Spring Break. Except this time I have 6 weeks, not just a week, so maybe it will end differently, maybe I can get Skye back. I know she'll be going home for the summer, Taylor told Drew that Skye planned on spending almost the entire summer in HB. I am thankful that Taylor and Drew still speak, otherwise I'd have no way of knowing what Skye was up to, she practically disappeared after the break up. Drew was a pro at getting info out of Taylor and he had managed to find out that Skye hadn't hooked up with anyone since the break up and wasn't seeing anyone currently. This summer is going to be epic, I think to myself, as I hop out of the shower, I am going to get Skye back.