Ten

Wesley's POV

I let the hot water run over me, stretching out my muscles and smiling at the memory of last night. I had woken up before Skye so decided to get in a quick shower before she woke up. I was so happy right now, I was home, I was back with Skye and my life was better than I could have hoped. I turned off the water and shook out my hair, stepping out and wrapping a towel around my waist. I made my way back to her room, finding her laying across the bed when I swung open her bedroom door. "Hey beautiful. You're awake", I said gently and watched as she sat up on the bed. The look on her face worried me, she looked confused or upset, "What's wrong" I asked her, moving to sit next to her. I only prayed she didn't regret last night, and my heart raced even faster when she admitted she did something that she just had to admit if we were going to get back together. I already knew I wasn't going to want to hear it and I would have given anything for her to just forget whatever it was she needed to confess. I moved off her bed and into the middle of her room, begging her not to tell me "I slept with Lincoln" she blurted out. I felt like I had been punched in the stomach, I wanted to be sick, the idea of him getting to be with her like that made me ill.

I could barely form thoughts, "When?" was all I could manage, "Right after Spring break", her response just compounded my pain. I finally looked up at her, I was so angry that she had done it but more so that he got to see her for the whole 5 months we were broken up. She tried to explain when I questioned the timing, "Wesley" she started and my heart broke hearing her shaky voice but she didn't deserve my sympathy right now. "I was devastated after Spring break, I wanted to be with you more than anything", she continued and I wanted to tell her that we could have been together but it was her fault we weren't. "I wasn't coping well", her confession stung, the thought of her so miserable hurt me, my chest constricted. "I got drunk, Lincoln took care of me" her words made my anger come rushing back, I bet he did, my inner voice screamed knowing he would have loved being there to help her. She tried to say it just happened and that it was a mistake and I knew she would never intentionally hurt me and despite my requests we were actually broken up at the time. But I just couldn't shake the image of him kissing her and putting his hands on her and the fact that she would let him cut me to my core. I didn't know what to say, I didn't know what to do, I just wanted to be as far away from the image of them together as possible, I needed some space. 

I started to get dressed, darting around her room, throwing on all of my clothes that had been discarded so quickly last night. I couldn't look at her, partly because it killed me to see her upset and partly because I was angry at her. It hadn't even crossed my mind to be with another girl while we were broken up and she was stupid enough to get drunk and hook up with Lincoln of all people. "Please don't leave" she whispered and everything in me wanted to  hold her and tell her it was ok, but it wasn't ok. "The 5 months without you were the worst of my life, so be mad at me but don't leave" she started crying and I was torn, my heart ached. Before I could give any thought to what I wanted or how to stop the aching in my chest, there was a knock at the door. I watched as Skye stood up and searched for clothes to put on, wiping her tears that had fallen on to her cheeks. I couldn't stand seeing her cry, "I'll get it" I snapped, annoyed at the interruption but grateful for an excuse to distance myself from her. I raced down the stairs to the front door, swinging it open to see Lincoln standing their with a smug look on his face. I was instantly hit with a wave of rage and jealousy, I was overcome with the feeling that Skye was mine and I needed to let him know it. 

"Is Skye here?" he asked, looking past me into the house, infuriating me even more. I resisted the urge to just smack him in the face, "Yes, but you'll understand if I don't want you anywhere near her" I said in a low voice, hoping he would back off and not cause anymore drama. He smiled at me knowingly, understanding that I knew what had gone on between them and seeming pretty happy with himself. "What's the matter Wes, afraid of a little competition?" he started, Skye was mine, she was finally mine again and I would kill him if he tried to come between us. "I like Skye, and she seemed to like what happened between us" he finished, his words sending me over the edge, I lost it. I threw my whole body into a punch that connected squarely with his jaw sending him stumbling back. When he regained his footing he lunged at me sending both of us crashing to the ground and landing a punch before I rolled to get top position. "KEEP YOUR GOD DAMN HANDS OFF HER" I yelled at him while wailing down another punch, splitting open his lip. I hated this guy, I hated the time he spent with Skye, I hated what they did, I hated that he got her for 5 months. I didn't even realise Skye was there until I felt her grab my hand, "Stop" she screamed. I snapped my head to look at her, tears streaming down her face, I didn't want to stop but I didn't want her to see this and I didn't want to see her cry. I automatically got up and disappeared into the kitchen, pacing back and forth, wanting to go back in there and rip Skye away from him.