Chapter 15

Dinner

The dinner hall had been adorned with soft pastel-colored flowers and candles that had filled the room with the sweet aroma of fresh flowers. The soft, gentle music playing in the background had added a romantic touch to the evening.

Zyra entered the beautifully decorated dining hall and had been immediately taken aback by its beauty. She could feel the love and happiness that had filled the air, and she knew that that night had been one of the most special evenings of Fatima's life.

As she looked around the room, she had seen Fatima sitting on the stage with Muhammad next to her, both of them wearing their beautiful white attire. Fatima's bridesmaids and Mino had been wearing their stunning peach gowns, complementing Fatima perfectly.

She had welcomed the guests with a warm smile and had shown them to their seats, offering them refreshing drinks and hors d'oeuvres upon arrival. The enchanting music playing in the background had created a magical ambiance, and the soft candlelight had added a romantic touch to the evening.

As the night had progressed, Zyra had made sure that each dish had been served to perfection and that the guests had been comfortable and happy. She had moved around the room gracefully, attending to their every need and ensuring that everything had run smoothly.

They had sung, eaten, and made memories, and bonds had been forged. The city of Maiduguri had shaken because the crown prince, the heartthrob of many, had been married.

The bride and groom had sat in the same car along with Mino and Abdulrahman, with their friends in a different car.

The ride back home had been awkward and silent. Nothing had been uttered between the two. Only the sound of their breaths had been heard. Mino and Abdulrahman had gotten out of the car so that the couple could talk. Inside the car, Muhammad had said, "Hello, wifey... welcome to hell." Fatima had responded with, "Hello to you too, my so-called husband. Thank you for the warm welcome."

They had both kept quiet for a while before he had uttered, "You know, I kind of pity you. You are a worthless piece of sheep. Now that you're married to me, you'll realize you've made the biggest mistake of your life. And if you're thinking about being my wife, forget it because you're of too low a standard to be my wife. You lack the charm that the royal bride has. Instead of the royal bride, you should be called the royal imbecile."

Fatima had looked at him with tears in her eyes. "Wallahil azim, I'll make you regret what you just said. I don't give a damn whether you take me as a wife or not; that's your issue. And I'll be the one to make your life a nightmare, not the other way around. Get that into that thick head of yours. And by Allah, if you call me worthless, I'll show a side of mine you don't want to see.

"You're the one who brought this upon us in the name of so-called revenge. I just spilled a drink on you, and what did you do? You insulted me in ways nobody has ever done. When I retaliated, you got married. You're such an asshole and a jerk." She had wiped her tears before getting out of the car to go inside the house.

She had gone to bed early because she had been tired and had a migraine, and Muhammad's words had added to it.

Budan Kai

The next morning was the Budan Kai, after which she would be conveyed to the palace. She wore a purple laffaya that complemented her complexion. She was taken to Umma's room where she would receive the nasiha.

Umma began, "My daughter, I've known you since you were a child. Your late mother was my best friend, may Allah grant them peace and rahma. I know you are a patient and calm person. I want you to obey him and support him. Never raise your voice at him, and never disrespect him or his family. Take care of him and your household. I know you are a beautiful and hardworking person. Allah bada zaman lafiya."