Chapter 1

Realization dawned onto Fatima as she realized she was homeless. Zainabu had taken everything from her. Zainabu had destroyed her life, taking her parents' property and turning her into a slave, making her life a living hell.

Wiping her tears, Fatima decided that whatever she did, she would seek revenge. She wouldn't let this pass. She would show Zainabu a side she had kept hidden from the world. Determined, she decided to go to Amina's house as it was the only place she could think of.

She reached the huge iron gate that stood in front...

The gateman, Malam Idrisa, welcomed her. "Hajiya, sannu dazuwa. Ya gida?" "Lafiya, qalau, alhamdulillah," she answered as she made her way to the huge mansion.
Amina's house seemed to surprise
her, even though she had been there multiple times and her old home used to be even bigger.

Fatima greeted Hajiya Asiya, Amina's mother, in the parlour. Hajiya Asiya was a plump Hausa woman, strict yet loving at the same time.Hajiya Asiya was like a mother to Fatima. "Umma Ina yini?" she greeted. Hajiya Asiya gleamed with joy. "Ahh, yau Fatimatu ce a gidan na mu. Sannu ki da zuwa."

"Hadiza!! Hadiza!!" she called their house help. "Go get snacks and..." Fatima interrupted. "I'm okay, umma. I just want to talk to Amina." "Shikenan, yata. Go, she's upstairs."
She climbed the stairs and entered the first room on the right. A beautiful room came into view, with a pink bed and everything else in the room also being pink.

She still couldn't believe a 22-year-old, aspiring lawyer would be so childish about pink.

"Mino, my love," she called the girl sprawled on the bed. She jumped on Fatima. "My Fatuu, how are you?"

"I'm fine, alhamdulillah. I missed you so much," Fatima whined. "Oh please, you crybaby. Didn't we meet two days ago?" Mino teased.

"But I still miss you," Fatima pouted. "Oh please, stop whining," Amina scolded playfully. They burst into a series of laughter, enjoying their reunion.

But soon, the laughter turned into tears as the weight of Fatima's situation came crashing down on her.

"Oh my God! Fatuu, what's wrong?" Amina asked, concern etched on her face. "I'm sorry for scolding you. I was just joking," she added, regret lacing her voice.

"It's Zainabu... She threw me out," Fatima choked on her tears. Amina's eyes widened in shock. "Innalillahi! How could she do this to you?" she exclaimed, wrapping her arms around Fatima, offering comfort.

"Don't worry, you're going to be alright," Amina reassured her friend. "Remember, you're Mino's Fatuu, my strong and brave girl."

One of the things Fatima loved about Amina, or Mino as she fondly called her, was that she was always there for her. Like a mother hen, she provided comfort, love, and unwavering support. Amina was not only her best friend but also her sister.

"But Mino, I don't know what to do now," Fatima said, tears welling up in her eyes once again.

Mino let out a sigh. "You know you're always welcome here. This is your home too, and we'll figure things out together," she said. "But Mino, you and your family have done so much for me already," Fatima protested.
"Oh, sherrap my friend," Mino hissed, playfully punching Fatima's arm. "Go and wash your face. You look like a she goat," she scolded, trying to lighten the mood.

"Okay, your majesty. Your wish is my command," Fatima said in a dramatic tone, chuckling softly. She freshened up, and together, they performed their prayers, had lunch, and then headed downstairs.

Mino wasted no time in telling Amina's mother, whom they affectionately called "umma," about Fatima's situation. "Oh, my dear, I'm sorry you had to go through all this," Umma said sympathetically, pulling Fatima into a warm embrace.

"You can stay here for as long as you want. This is your home too, and you are my daughter. Fatima felt a surge of gratitude and warmth in her heart as Umma embraced her. She had never expected such unconditional love and support from anyone other than her own parents.

"Thank you, Umma," she whispered, her voice trembling with emotion. "I don't know what I would do without you and Amina."

Hi guys!! So we're back❤️
Don't forget comment, follow like and share.