Part 9

I sat at the edge of the pool with my legs dangling in the pool. Jose and Leo where at the corner just talking and swimming together. The kids where playing in their floaters with their water guns and Sammy was playing with them.

Why is he so good at this? Does he have other kids somewhere? How can he be so good with kids? Or is it because blood is thicker than water that's why he is doing such a great job at being a father to them.

"Ahhh!!!" I screamed as I was yanked into the pool. I later resurfaced and looked around and everyone pointed at Jose, "come on now" I said and she was laughing,

"You seemed so lost I thought you wanted to relive yourself?" She asked still laughing, "you" I said tiredly while splashing water to her.

We kept on swimming and played some pool games. I turned and looked at the kids and they where all playing except where is Craig?

"Where is Craig?" I asked, "he went to pee" Cara replied and I nodded. "Mum!" There was a scream behind me, I turned and looked, Craig had slipped and fallen into the deep side of the pool, luckily I was already standing there.

I quickly swam and took him out. He had his floaters on him so he didn't go under the water but he drank a little bit of water making him choke.

I carried him and put him on the edge of the pool, "breath baby, breath" I said trying to calm him down because he panicked.

He kept on choking so I had to tap his back continuously until he stopped and jumped on me, "it's okay baby, mummy is here, just breath for mummy okay" I said rubbing his back and he nodded.

I felt someones hand on my back. Sammy. He took his other hand and placed it on Craigs back, beside my hand, "it's okay buddy" he said rubbing Craigs back making my heart beat a little then stop.

"Mum, his spray" Cara came handing Craigs spray to me, "so brave of you princess" I said complimenting her. I placed Craig back on the edge of the pool and gave him his spray.

Sammy was still standing there but this time, his hand had shifted down to my waist, "thank you mummy" Craig said giving me a kiss on my jaw, "you're welcome baby, don't forget mum will always be here to save you" I said smiling and brushing his hair away from his forehead, "and dad too" I added again so Sammy doesn't feel sad,

"Thanks" he whispered in my ear making me shiver a little, "let's have a food break" I later said and everyone got out of the pool. I wrapped the kids in their towel bathrobes and Jose did same for Maja.

I wrapped myself in my towel bathrobe too and went to the grilling area.

"Daddy are you going back to your house today?" The twins asked their father, "yes sunshine's why?" He asked them back, "nothing" Cara shook her head and turned and walked away, "mum" Craig turned to me", "yes baby" I responded, "nothing" he said making me sad. It's like I already knew what they where going to say or ask and it breaks my heart once more because they don't want their dad to leave.

"Hey can I talk to you for a bit?" Sammy suddenly asked, "yeah sure, Jose can you watch this for a while" I responded to Sammy then turned to Jose, "sure" she said and her and Leo moved to the grill.

"Hey, I know this is sudden and all of that, but what if I could maybe move into your place, for a week, I promise I will give you all your personal space, I just want to be there for the twins and...you, just give me this chance for just a week I promise if you feel uncomfortable, I'll move out" he said making me stunned and startled.

"W-well-I" I couldn't form words, I took a deep breath. I won't lie this will be very uncomfortable, but he wants his kids and the twins want their father, how long do I have to put boundaries between them?. This is so frustrating and heartbreaking, water suddenly came flowing from my eyes that I didn't even realize,