Chapter Eight

How does this keep happening?

I think I'm losing my edge or something.

I am once again casually strolling next to the prince in the park. Just like last time.

This is my last day to kill him and I'm here in normal clothes just having a friendly chat!

Good work Raven, how professional!

Did I mention if I don't kill him today or tonight then Snake will kill me?

This couldn't get worse. But oh wait, I think it just did.

".....I would much rather be able to do whatever I wanted and go wherever I wanted, without being chased by paparazzi or shadowed by body guards." The Prince says.

"But you were born into the royal family, aren't you used to it?"

"Used to it, doesn't mean I enjoy it."

"So, what about the Duchess?"

"She loves every bit of it. The fame, the money. Can't get enough." He shrugs.

"Sounds like you two have nothing in common." I suggest.

"We don't. Like I said before, it was arranged, I was forced."

I wipe my hands on my denim jeans and look down at my feet. The birds chirp above us to fill in the silence.

"Raven?" Flynn speaks and stops walking. I stop and turn to face him.

"Yeah?" I frown slightly.

"Would it be wrong if I kissed you?"

I try not to look completely shocked.

"Um, we barely know each other."

"True. But you understand me, and you listen. And you're really beautiful, so I want to kiss you."

What kind of prince is he?!

The attractive kind.

Oh shut up, voice in my head.

He steps closer to me and takes my hand, kissing the top of it softly. He gently uses his grip on it to pull me towards him, bringing his other hand up to my cheek.

What the hell is happening?!

His face is just inches from mine. I look down at his soft lips, then back up into his green eyes, feeling like I could stare at him all day long.

"Prince Alexander!!" A voice calls, not far away from us.

We jump away from each other as the voice calls out again.

"I have to go," Flynn says, sounding disappointed. "Will I see you again?"

I look down at my feet, remembering my mission.

"Sure," I lie, but smile a truthful smile.

He smiles widely before running off to find the guard who is calling him.

I put a hand to my aching head and begin to walk towards my motorbike.

What is wrong with me?! I've never felt like this.

I dip my shoulder as I turn into the ally way and climb onto my motorbike. I sigh and lean my head in my hands.

What am I doing?

I can't kill him.

Not now, and not ever.

I sit up straight and turn on the engine. I slide my helmet over my head and drive out of the ally. I drive slower than usual, keeping to traffic rules and not taking short cuts. I need more time to gather my thoughts before tonight.