Chapter Thirteen

"Raven? Please say something."

I stare at the ground, various thoughts buzzing in my head.

"Why aren't you saying anything?" Flynn questions me again in a confused tone.

"I think we should split up." I say flatly without even thinking about what I'm saying.

"What? Why?"

"We can't risk our lives any longer than we have to. I'll take you to a place where you can get a car, then we can part ways."

"Because I have feelings for you? Raven this is ridiculous."

"Feelings play no part in my plan. I got you out like you wanted. Now you're on your own." I meet his emerald eyes, hiding any emotions the best I can.

I start to prepare my bike ready to go.

"Raven wait, please." Flynn grabs my arm but I yank it away.

"Don't touch me." I growl. "You can't make me feel anything for you."

"That was never my intention."

"Then what was your intention, Flynn?" I raise my eyebrows.

He sighs loudly and turns away, running his fingers through his hair.

"I just thought we could be friends. But it was too easy to fall in love with you. I wasn't going to force you into loving me back, but I wanted to see how you really felt. You're not good at showing emotions, if you haven't noticed."

"It's what I've been taught to do."

"But you aren't an assassin anymore, Raven." He argues passionately. "Thats why you left, isn't it? So you didn't have to be that person anymore?! So why are you still acting like someone you don't want to be?"

A single tear leaks down my cheek and I turn away so he doesn't see. I wipe it away quickly and take a deep breath.

"You don't need to fight anymore." Flynn steps closer to me and carefully grabs my hand.

I look up at him, this time not trying to hide anything.

"Be the person your heart is telling you to be, not the assassin your brain has been trained to be." He says quietly and I nod ever so slightly in response.

I feel the soothing warmth of his breath on my cold face. I relax my tense muscles as we search each others eyes.

"Prince Flynnigan?" A female voice says behind me and my muscles tense again.

I'm almost to afraid to turn around, but I do in a split second, ready to defend Flynn.

"Duchess Diane?" He says over my shoulder as we both stare at her.

"What on earth are you doing here? With......whoever this girl is?" She frowns as four guards stand sternly around her. I scan them over, mentally picking out weakness to help me bring them down.

"How did you find me?" Flynn asks, grabbing my hand and holding it reassuringly behind my back.

"I had to visit an orphanage nearby. You were scheduled to do it too, but.." She trails off.

"I'm sorry I left but-"

"Wait. You ran away voluntarily? We thought you had been kidnapped!"

It's silent for a moment.

"He was." I step forward and let go of Flynn's hand. "I kidnapped him. My name is Raven and I'm a trained Assassin."

Flynn grips my wrist and pulls me back to him.

"What are you doing?" He whispers harshly in my ear.

"If they think I took you then you won't get in trouble and everything will go back to the way it was. It's over Flynn, there is no other way out." I whisper back quickly and step forward again as the guards close in on me.

"It's time to come home, Flynn." The duchess speaks firmly. "This woman will pay for her crimes."

Two of the guards lock onto my arms and my natural instinct tells me to fight back. I push and squirm until my arm is free to punch one in the face. His head bounces back as the other guard pulls a gun and holds it to my head.

"Don't move, Assassin." The guard warns as I stop moving.

"Wait!" Flynn calls, jogging towards me across the empty car park.

"What in god's name are you doing?" The frustrated Duchess yells at him.

Flynn stares into my eyes with some sort of knowing look.

What's he doing?

"Diane. I chose to leave." He turns to her. "I don't want to be royalty, and I won't give in to being a prince. I never chose to marry you, and I know you didn't choose to marry me either. No matter how hard you all try, I will keep escaping and running until I get away from that stupid palace."

She goes to speak but Flynn continues.

"But. If you let her go," He looks to me bravely then back at her again. "I will come back willingly. I will marry you, and everything will go back to normal. Just the way you want it. Like nothing ever happened."

Diane looks at each person in front of her before carefully nodding.

"Let the girl go." She speaks to the guards and they reluctantly release me.

"Flynn, no!" I jog to him and he embraces me in his arms.

I force back tears and step back to look up at him.

"You can't give up your freedom for me. I won't let you. This is what we have been fighting for."

"I told you, Rave. You don't have to fight anymore. You deserve to be free and happy, don't worry about me. If I can survive escaping a highly guarded palace with an assassin, I can survive living a life I don't want." He chuckles and smiles weakly at me, brushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I love you, Raven. And I always will."

I smile weakly and lean up to softly kiss his tender lips.

"Till we meet again." I whisper gently and smile.

He hugs me tight one last time before turning and walking over to the black car where The Duchess waits. They all climb into the vehicle and drive out of the car park and slowly disappear from sight.

||||||||||||||||||

A/N: This may seem like the end but its not just yet :)