Epilogue

~ 10 years later ~

I duck behind the leather couch, breathing heavily with exhaustion. I load my gun with another bullet from my pocket and prepare to shoot.

3.....

2.....

1....

I leap over the couch and fire at my enemy, missing and shooting the ground.

I've gotten sloppy over the years.

I pounce on my target instead and he gasps softly while dropping his gun.

"Victory is mine." I whisper in his ear as I kneel over him on the floor.

"No! Mummy, please don't tickle me!"

I laugh and frantically work my fingers over my son's belly, making him squeal and squirm, trying to escape me.

"Stop it!" He shrieks with laughter.

I giggle and climb off of him, picking up the plastic Nerf gun that lays beside us. I hear keys at the door and my son, Daniel, jumps up and races over.

"Daddy's home!" He cheers as my husband steps through the door.

I stand up and watch him embrace our son with a wide smile.

"Hey there, kiddo."

"Dad, Mummy won't let me win play fighting."

"Oh is that so?" Flynn looks up at me with those perfect emerald eyes.

"Hey, Bud? Why don't you go put those toys back in your room? Please?" He scruffs the short hair on Dan's head before he runs off down the hallway with the toy guns.

"Afternoon, Sweetheart." Flynn wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me against him.

I lean up and peck his soft lips. "How was work?"

"Let's not talk about that boring stuff." He sighs and leans onto me so we fall back onto the couch.

I giggle and he rests up on his arms to look into my eyes.

"I missed you." He whispers gently.

"You say you miss me everyday." I chuckle.

"That's because I do." He wipes strands of hair from my face so they don't cover the scar over my eye. He scans over my face smiling in admiration.

"And how's my little girl doing?" He slides off the couch and kneels beside me, leaning down to my round stomach.

"She's doing fine." I reply.

"Excuse me, Rave. I wasn't talking to you." Flynn jokes sarcastically and returns looking at my stomach. He presses an ear and pretends to listen.

"Our daughter says you need to rest more." He nods in satisfaction with himself.

I laugh and shake my head while sitting up.

"I need to start cooking dinner." I rub my eyes.

"Oh no, you don't. You stay put."

"Flynnigan..." I begin to protest but he shushes me.

"Danny!" He calls down the hall and Daniel comes running out excitedly.

"How does helping me cook dinner sound?" Flynn bends over to speak to him.

"But Mummy doesn't let you cook 'cause you suck."

I smirk evilly at Flynn and he pokes out his tongue at me.

"Well, we'll just have to prove her wrong, won't we?" He nods at Dan, lifting him up and placing him on his shoulders as they march to the kitchen.

I sigh and lay back down along the couch, smiling up at the ceiling. I place my hands softly on my belly and close my eyes.

I'm not afraid to close them anymore. The nightmares are gone.

The only evidence left of my old life are the scars that show on my skin. But I don't mind them, they remind me how strong I am to have survived everything that happened.

I was the prince's assassin. And somehow, a part of me always will be.

||||||||||||||||