Chapter Ten

"No"

"What do you mean, 'no'?"

"No, you can't come with me."

He runs his hand through his hair and breathes with disbelief.

"Why not?!"

"You would only slow me down. I work better alone." I shove around him towards the window.

"Raven!" He calls after me.

His strong hand grips around my forearm and forces me around to face him. My eyes narrow.

"Let. Me. Go."

"No." He matches my anger.

"You can't come with me, Flynn. This is my mess, and I don't want you getting involved. Just go on with your life, like nothing ever happened. Forget I ever even exis-"

My words are cut off as he slams his soft lips into mine. My body electrifies and butterflies swarm in my stomach.

When he slowly moves his lips away, he is smiling, but his eyes are desperate.

"Your highness?" A guard calls from outside the door. "We heard voices and noise, is everything alright?"

Flynn glances down at me with a stressed look.

"Please." He whispers. "Take me with you."

My face relaxes and I smile, nodding my head slightly.

"Everything is fine, let me sleep!" Flynn calls over his shoulder to the guard outside.

He jogs to get the backpack off of the bed and slings it over his shoulder. I climb out the window and gesture for him to follow me down.

*****

"I'm not letting you drive." I growl as I swing my leg over my motorbike.

"Why not? I know how to ride a motorcycle........kind of."

"No way. Now get on before I leave you here." I fasten my helmet over my head.

He sighs and walks to the back of my bike.

"Where is my helmet?" He grumbles childishly as he sits behind me on the small leather seat.

"As I said, I usually ride solo." I say back to him, my voice muffled in my helmet. "Hold on."

He is about to speak but the sound of my revving engine cuts him off.

"Have you always been this badass?!" Flynn shouts as we pull out of the ally.

I just laugh and shake my head at his innocence.

I know I'm probably making a big mistake by letting him come with me, but I felt something when he kissed me. Something I've never felt before. Something I knew I couldn't leave behind.

I'm just afraid of what challenges we are yet to face.

|||||||||||||||

A/N: Sorry this update took so long. I've been un-inspired.