Chap 7: Cinderella's night

Noah and I are sitting comfortably in the living room now. After we sliced the ingredients which almost cost Noah his eyes, he couldn't stop blinking so now he looks like he's been shedding tears over some breakup and his been sniffling ever since, I ended up doing the rest things so he could have a little break so now we're just waiting for the pasta to get ready.

"Eyes still sting?", I ask him as I flip through the channels. He turns to me with a pout and then sniffles like a baby. I can't help myself but laugh. He smiles afterwards and I'm left wondering if he shows Loren this side of him or any other girl. This funny and carefree Noah, I'm not sure I see it that much when we're out in the world.

"Those onions were out to get me", he says and I playfully roll my eyes at him.

"Don't blame a defenseless vegetable", I say settling down on ESPN. Personally I don't fancy sports all that much but Noah's like a sportsman so I guess he likes this instead of a cartoon channel I was planning to settle on.

He takes the remote control from me and my heart skips a bit when he's hands touch mine in a slow manner. Okay maybe it's just me but it felt like he's hands were on mine for a full five seconds.

Noah skips the ESPN I put it on and I'm shocked when I see Cartoon Network on the screen. He smirks but doesn't look my way. I smile looking at the TV. Normally I wouldn't put ESPN, it's just because Noah's here and this is his house anyway. I like cartoons more.

After a while I ask, "Hey, can I use your bathroom?".

"Can you not ask?", he asks and I give him an eye roll getting off the couch.

"Don't forget the spagehtti", I say running along to the stairs. I head upstairs to the bathroom, taking a quicky and after doing the requirements like flushing the toilet and washing my hands, I walk out of the bathroom.

I'm about to go back down when I spot Noah's bedroom door. I take a peek to see if his still rooted in his position and when I confirm it, I make my way to his room.

My hands move to the door handle and just as I'm about to open it there's a loud call of my name startling me. I swiftly turn around to see Noah running up the stairs.

When he approaches me he notices my uneasiness so his eyes instinctively moves to the slightly opened door then back to me.

His eyes suddenly compels me to speak, "I swear I didn't go inside".

"That's the least of my problems right now", he says and I raise a brow and then when I see the panic in his eyes, my eyes widen and I'm moving past him down the stairs and straight into the kitchen.

I cough due to the smoke. "Jesus Noah, did you even check it after I left", I say still coughing as I make my way to the pot. I reach for the lid but he stops me opening it himself but with the help off a kitchen rag. When the lid comes off I'm with a look of horror. The pot or should I say the spaghetti is completely burnt.

"We could still eat it right?", Noah asks and I give him a blank stare.

**

I frown deeply giving Noah side glares as I eat.

"It's uh it's better than takeouts", he says slowly and I shoot him daggers with my eyes.

"This food is worst than side trucks", I exclaim and he smiles so I sigh, "Okay side trucks are pretty good this food doesn't deserve that kind of hype".

"So, what were you doing in my room?", He asks and I tense. I thought he forgot about that.

"I told you, I didn't go inside", I say defensively and he nods knowingly.