Chap 31 : Delusional

Noah pulls me to a group of people who were already teaming up. I look at them then at Noah with confusion. They're team is already complete. They had five people already, with Noah in the team which makes them six and complete for the game.

Without a word Noah makes a head movement to a boy with jet black hair and we watch as he leaves with a sigh. What just happened?.

"Are you kidding?", A guy says exchanging looks between Noah and I. But to be honest I'm not blaming him for wondering out loud what's going on.

Noah raises a brow in a harsh way, giving him a daring look.

"We're gonna be five outta six", he says and surprisingly it doesn't sting. I'm actually on his side with this one because let's face it.. I'm gonna be a liability to them.

"Stop whining or get out", Noah says with an icy tone and the guy scoffs offering me a glare. I gulp, feeling like those kids who always get their way with things in elementary just because they had rich parents.

Coach blows the whistle grabbing our attention, "Now that you've all grouped yourselves, let's have two teams up the court first", he says but it's like everyone's stuck in place.

He rolls his eyes with a sigh, "Fine..", he trails then points at a group, "Get in..", he trails again then points another group, "Go".

The groups move reluctantly to the court, probably sad they have to go first. I look at Noah and as if he notices he looks down at me.

"This isn't a good idea", I tell him and he sighs.

"If you're worried about ruining the team then-

"I don't wanna ruin the team", I cut him off. "I.. I have a big F on my report card, I can't afford to make it worse", I say slowly and he nods. I can't just ruin the team. That's just like ruining myself.

"Well then consider that F, a D-", he says and I raise a brow.

The whistle's blown again and everyone moves closer to watch the game. The first group which coach named team A has the ball while their opponents are team B, leaving the last two groups as team C and D. We're team C. C for chaos.

Team A is quick to get the ball hitting the court of team B since they have more boys in it. With just two boys and four girls in team B there's no way they're gonna win team A that's built with all boys.

We watch as team B strikes a comeback with the teamwork of the two boys and surprisingly a girl. At least one of them knows the game.

The game ends with team B losing with five points. Well they did try.

The sound of the whistle blares into everyone's ear and my heart starts doing backflips. Oh no, it's our turn.

A large firm hand takes my small chubby one and squeezes it. I look up at Noah, he smiles reassuringly. I may be scared about all this but, with Noah.. things can get messy but not as messy as it would be with just me.

We walk to the court and it's like I'm half conscious. I try to regulate my breathing as I watch the other team get into the court. My eyes scan the team members of team D and it widens when I see Asher.

"I'm gonna beat your ass up", Asher says to Noah gaining a smirk from him. I actually forgot they were friends.

He's eyes searches our team and when it falls on me, he scoffs. "How did that thing get there?", he asks, pointing at me.

Noah looks from him to me, I look down at my feet. I focus on my shoe laces like they were the most important thing on earth.

Noah looks back at Asher, "I only see humans here so what thing are you talking about".