Chapter 17: Biker gang

"So what can I get you?", He asks and I put the mouth wash aside.

"Maybe a toothpaste", I say and he nods walking to another cabinet. He opens it and I get a glimpse of his toothbrush and hair products before he closes it.

"Here", he says handing it over to me so I take it. "Need a toothbrush too?", He asks and I shake my head.

"No it's fine", I say opening the toothpaste then putting some on my finger. I look up to see Noah still looking at me. "Um, can you.. wait outside?", I ask cringing a bit. It's not my house so it's kinda weird.

"Oh sure. I mean, I'm just room service anyway", he says and I roll my eyes at him while he goes out chuckling. When the door closes I turn to the sink and wash my mouth, getting the horrible mouth wash taste out.

When I'm done I walk out of the bathroom with the mouth wash in hand. Noah turns as he takes his jacket off.

"I think you're mouth wash is expired", I tell him raising it in the air because he needs to know. This tastes worse than that cat pee.. ok maybe not.

"I told you it's not mouth wash", he says and I frown. Oh yeah he did say that, didn't he?.

"So what is it?", I ask.

"It's alcohol", he says and my brows pop up. Why would he put alcohol inside a mouth wash container?.

"Wh.. what and why?", I ask.

"Sometimes it's nice to just chill out..", he trails as he takes the mouth wash, aka alcohol now, from me and moves to sit on his bed, "By yourself", he finishes taking a swing out of it. I watch his expression morph into a somewhat sad one.

I walk to him joining him on the bed, "You know, for someone who has a friend you shouldn't be doing things all by yourself", I say collecting the alcohol from him and then taking a swing out of it too which I instantly regret.

"What and why?", He asks.

"I have no idea", I say painfully swallowing the horrid taste into my mouth. "I thought it'd be cool if I just joined you", I say wincing when I feel a burn in my throat.

Noah chuckles then stops to look at me. I tense at his gaze, "What?".

He shakes his head, "Nothing.. I just, I'm sorry", he says then looks down but then looks back up, "I saw you today.. eating with your friends, something you're always ashamed of doing with me", he says taking another swing and it's almost like I see the hurt in his eyes.

"I'm not.. I'm not ashamed of being with you", I say looking at him intently.

"I just want her to stop picking on you", he says and my brows scrunch up in confusion, "I thought if I took her side that day she'd leave you alone but she still talked shit about you on the ride and so I thought maybe we shouldn't be friends anymore but fuck Abby.. I miss you so much", he says and I'm dumbfounded, stunned and confused.

I can't believe I misjudged him. I've been misinterpreting things all this time. He didn't take her side that day, he just wanted to make her think so. He didn't admit that they were friends he just wanted me to think so. He just wanted me to be safe. But why didn't he just tell me.

"You said you aren't ashamed of me right?", He asks and I nod. "Come to a party with me then".

"I can't", I decline without even thinking about it.

"See, you didn't even think about it", he says taking a gulp from the mouth wash container.

I sigh. It's not cause I don't want to it's just.. cause I can't. I've never gone to a party before and I don't think I can.