Chap 27 : Daughter's first kiss

My alarm usually does the job but today my stomach did. I find myself going downstairs to the kitchen to eat the leftovers mum kept. If it wasn't for that I would've died. And I'm talking literally.

After eating I go back upstairs and there's something different I notice. The room across mine has it's lights on. It wasn't like that before I left which means he's up.

I walk to the window, opening it to get a better view. Where is he? I don't see anyone.. my phone starts ringing so I go over my bed to get it.

I pick the call once I have the phone in hand. "Hello?", I ask.

"Still looking for my heart?", Noah asks into the speaker and I turn to see him standing by his window so I walk over to mine. I clear my throat before speaking to talk properly because the view of his bare chest is a lot to handle.

"No-", he cuts me off.

"So you were once in search huh?", he asks with a raise of his eyebrow. They look so dark like he put something on them.

"Stop your shenanigans", I say with a roll of my eyes.

"I wanna take you out for ice cream tomorrow", he says and my eyes widen.

I duck down. What's he saying right now? Is Noah kushner asking me out? Is the world about to end? Hello world war four if you ever thought of coming-

"Hello, Abby?", Noah calls through the phone. I quickly get back on my feet.

"Uh hey", I awkwardly say. I mean, what is wrong with me? I disappear without notice and the next thing I say is hey..

Noah's face emits confusion as he looks at me through his window.

"So uh, ice cream?", he says and I want to nod but a thought crosses my mind and the smile I have on my face diminishes.

"I.. I can't", I say and if a fan girl were here they'd probably push me off the window and take my place.

Noah looks even more confused than before. Weird that he got rejected by a fat girl, you don't see that everyday.

"And why not?", he asks and I try to keep my focus on his face and not lower.

"It's uh.. I have tutor sessions-", I start to explain but I don't get a chance to go further.

"With who?", he asks sharply and he notices so he recollects, "With who?", he asks but softly this time.

I sigh, knowing the name I'm about to call out isn't the type to make him smile.

"Hernandez", I say and his hand on the window tightens then he sighs ending the call. We're just a few meters away anyways.

"Buzz cut boy?", he asks rhetorically and I don't know if nodding is the go cut. "Where are you tutoring him at?",

"Probably at my house", I say shrugging and he nods.

"We could still go later", he suggests and I rethink that I almost laugh, a pitiable one. Ice cream, again? With this, my weight is going to increase again and I don't want that.

"No.. I can't", I say. Noah bites down on his lip and then slowly nods. I open my mouth to say something else but nothing comes out so I shut it.

"Okay", he says, "Goodnight.. Abby". Abby? No princess?.

"Good night.. Noah", I say and watch him shut his window close. Soon the lights go off and I can't see anything. I shut my window then go back to bed with a sigh escaping my lips. No princess?.

**

The door bell rings and I rush to the door a bit careful with my leg though. I open the door to see Hernandez as expected. And as usual his dress code is the opposite of the weather. It's almost 37°C outside but he's still wearing a hoodie.