Chap 15: Sabrina Conner

After walking Callie to her first class I discovered that she was actually into business and not science like I was. Callie took some courses which I did but just a few. After third period we agreed to meet up at the cafeteria. So right now I'm waiting at the door for her.

"Hey", I look up to see Hernandez walking to me. I check him out with quick eyes. He's wearing a black t-shirt with a plaid over it and then a jacket on top. I thought it was sunny this morning.

"Hey, New year's Eve already?", I ask and he looks down at his outfit.

"Oh uh..", he trails chuckling. I smile. "I don't really know how to dress according to the weather. I literally could wear a tank top on Christmas", he says and I laugh.

"What?!",

"Weird I know", he says just as Callie walks up to us.

"Uh hey", she awkwardly says and she reminds me of a fat girl named Abby. Don't wonder who, it's me.

"Callie, um meet Hernandez and Hernandez meet Callie", I introduce.

"Uh hi", Hernandez says stretching out his hand. Callie shakes it.

"She's new", I say and he nods.

"Cool me too", he says and her eyes slightly widen. Guess she just realized she's not the only new friend I've got. Well not that I have old friends but.. you know.

"Let's go then", I say and we all get in walking to the lunch line to grab food. Once we get our lunch we stand for a while looking around for seats.

"It's.. full I guess", Callie says.

"Yeah", Hernandez agrees.

"We could eat on the bleachers", I suggest and they surprisingly agree. I thought they'd give me weird looks.

We walk out of the cafeteria with our food and to the bleachers. We take seats with me in the middle and Callie and Hernandez on either sides of me.

"I used to sit here in my old school", Callie says looking up at the sky.

"Really?", I ask completely shocked. I literally thought I was the only one who did this.

"Yeah", she says looking at me now with a small smile which I return.

"I usually just sit alone", Hernandez says biting into his apple. He eats his apple before the chicken tenders?.

"Luckily you actually get to sit", I say and Callie snorts. I turn to look her cause I didn't think I'd get a laugh out of anyone especially her. She smiles sheepishly and I chuckle eating my lunch.

We eat in silence for a while until the football team starts getting into the field. Wait they have practice today?. If they do have practice then his coming too. Oh no.

"Should we go?", Callie asks as we watch the team warm up for practice.

"We could stay", Hernandez casually suggests drinking his bottled water.

Noah walks into the field and my breath hitches up my throat. He doesn't notice me and I'm glad. They finish they're warm up and start practice splitting themselves in two teams. I watch them toss the ball here and there but I focus on Noah more. I know I shouldn't but my feelings for him are still there and I don't know if I can suppress them.

I bite into my apple looking up and if my eyes don't widen then someone else's does when I see the football flying with full speed towards me.

"Oh my God", Callie says with panic while I just freeze. I'm too scared to move and when it seems impossible for me to I close my eyes and wait for the impact.