3.

After a few minutes, I was sitting down in one of the lab chairs facing a camera. I was told to talk like I was talking to another person, but I really didn't know what to talk about.

"Hey guys, so I've so far learned a few stuff about this whole mission." I spoke to the camera. "Everyone has avatars created for them, so their entire nervous system is matched to their driver. My brother was suppose to come here as a doctor, and there wasn't suppose to be an Avatar created for him, so they had to spend more money to make me one. I guess I have to give it my best because this is a very expensive project."

The last thing I wanted to be was useless, or die on the first mission, even tho I'm completly unprepared for this.

"Is this irelavent?" I questioned Norm who was behind me talking to Max.

"Yea, you have to get used to documenting everything you see, feel and other stuff. It's all a part of science." He responded.

I nodded my head and continued talking. 

"That's baicaly it. See you in my next video log, if there will be one." I smiled before turning it off.

"If you've finished your little youtube vlog, you need to go meet your boss for the next 5 years." Max said to me.

I stood up from my chair and followed Max and Norman to another room, or the link room.

There were a tons of pods with MRI scanners around the room. Those were the psionic link units Norman was telling me about earlier.

"Dr. Grace Augustine is a legend. She litteraly wrote the book on Pandora botany." Norman explained in excitement, as he was walking besides me.

"That's because she likes plants more than people." Max said looking at his tablet.

"She seems cool." I pouted, but just earned a chuckle from Max.

Once we finally made it to the link unit she was in, a woman came out cracking her back and groaning. She didn't look too young, nor did she look old. However she looked pretty for her age.

"Who's got my goddamn cigarette?" She yelled, immidietly after a worked brought her an already lit up cigarette. She had this intimidating look you couldnt say no to.

"And here she is, Cinderella back from the ball. Grace, meet Norman and Y/n-" Max rolled his eyes as he introduced us, but she cut him off.

"Norman, I heard great things about you. How's your navi?" She asked, and in return he just started speaking a language I've never heard of before. Then she just replied to him something in the same language, that I didn't understand one bit.

"Hi, I'm-" I tried to introduce myself, but she just scoffed.

"Yea, I know who you are. I don't need you, I need your brother. You know, the doctor who was prepared for this mission?" She glared.

I was taken back by her. Sure, she is my boss, but that doesnt give her the right to talk to me like that.

"Audrie is dead, there's nothing I can do." I replied.

She sighed "How much training have you done?"

I stuttered "I.. I'm a medical student." She rolled her eyes before I continued "And I live in New york. When you live in fucked up circumstances like that, you get used to fighting."

She gave Max a look before walking away.

"I'm sorry about her, she just needs people with more experiance." He apologized.

"It's okay." I smiled as Norman pat my back.

The next day, Norm and I made our way to the link room. As we passed through it, I noticed mine and his avatar being laid on hospital beds through the window. I smiled in excitement, as if I'm not about to probably die out there.

We slipped into our link units, aujusting our bodies in the comftarble fluid gel. "How much time have you logged?" She asked norm.

"5 hundered and 22 hours." 

"And you?" She turned to me. 

"Uhh 1 hour. I think." I answered.

She sighed before she got the link prepared to me.

"So you came here completly unprepared, expecting to get out of here alive?" She questioned. "You have to be really suicidal to do it."

"Well It's not like I have anything better to do. If you lived in that shitty city for one day you would wanna die too." I said.

After everything was prepared she started closing my unit. I started feeling claustrophobic in there, but it was comfy. "Relax, and let your mind go blank." She said.

I sighed, ready to go into my avatar body.