Misplaced

Little Star was... off. She was picking at her food, practically silent unless someone spoke to her first, and staring at everything apart from everyone's faces.
She was a switched on kid, she noticed a lot and she was always enthusiastic in whatever she did. Touya sometimes even liked to watch her whenever he sat quietly with her because she somehow managed to make everything so amusing in the way she did things.
But this evening, she was reserved, blank and unenthused.

Due to his own upbringing, Touya was almost painfully accurate in reading people. Any slight change in the way someone interacted with him, others and the world would be picked up on instantly.
He also trusted his gut, and his gut was telling him something was wrong with her and he needed to fix it.

One of the dead giveaways was that she was back to not really wanting to be touched either, which Touya was more than happy to allow.
He liked that she had boundaries, and was happy to respect them.
He snapped at the less observant members of the League to get off of her whenever they got a little too touchy-feely with her, knowing she was too polite to do it herself.
He understood why they did it. She was a cute kid. She had soft, round little cheeks, a sweet little smile and eyes that looked at the world with sheer interest and curiosity. But that didn't mean they could treat her like some kind of doll, even though it was done with the purest of intentions, as they all seemed to love her.

Him defending her personal space didn't seem to help her feel comfortable either, and she ended up taking herself off to bed a lot earlier than usual.

The bar wasn't exactly the most soundproof building in the world. The floorboards creaked whenever someone moved, so Touya could hear she was still up an hour after she'd taken herself off upstairs.
Shigaraki kept peering over at him while he and Spinner played yet another shooter at the bar. Without Star around, Touya would allow the others to watch, play and discuss more violent and non-kid friendly topics. He didn't want her desensitised and her brain to be all mushed by that kind of stuff at her age.
She already had her fair share of issues without scary movies and games adding to it.

He couldn't quite tell whether the looks were because he wanted Touya to go up there and tell her to go to bed, or if it was just the same-old odd glance he'd catch Shigaraki give him from the time to time.
Everyone was having a good time, Spinner and Shigaraki gaming like they so often did together, and the others all playing some loud card game in a booth across the bar.
It was just Kurogiri and Touya being silent out of all of them.

Touya felt weird sitting alone at the bar, nursing a glass of whiskey without little Y/N sat beside him chewing his ear off about something or other. It felt kind of flat without her around.
A loud thump from upstairs rings out, and Shigaraki shoots him a more pointed look, as if to say 'sort it out'.
Dabi gives him an equally sharp look, draining the rest of his glass in one before standing, shoving his hands in his pockets, and climbing the stairs towards Stars room.
He'd fully intended on giving her her own space, maybe just listen in to whatever she was doing for a second or two just to make sure she was safe, but the thump had been loud enough for him to be a little concerned.

He taps his knuckles against her door softly.

"Star? Ya good in there?" He calls.

There's the sound of shuffling, and her door slowly opens, revealing a sheepish-looking Y/N.
The look makes his eyebrows furrow in concern.

"What's the matter?" He asks, crouching down to her level.

She's quiet, shifting on her feet and looking away.
Dabi's eyes flicker to see if he can look inside her room. He wasn't the best at this whole 'guardian' thing, but he knew that a look like that must mean she'd done something 'wrong', maybe accidentally broken something, and was avoiding telling him so she wouldn't get into trouble.