Infighting

The canvases hadn't lasted too long at all really. The second you'd gotten back to the bar, you'd gotten to work on painting a little duck for Dabi.
That was the second time you'd gone to see the ducks, so you'd kind of naturally assumed that he just really liked the little feathered creatures.
It had taken a little over a day to complete all together, which you thought was pretty good considering how tiny all the feathers were.

Obviously he loved it, even though you'd pointed out a few flaws in it. He made a show of squinting to try and see what it was you were unhappy with, but to you the mistakes were glaringly obvious.
You'd been a little hurt when he suggested you paint something for yourself next time, your brain immediately going to think the worst and assuming that Dabi didn't want you to keep giving him drawings and paintings, but he'd quickly explained that you didn't seem to draw or paint anything for yourself.
You'd tried reassuring him that you did draw and paint for yourself, you just didn't show anyone those ones.

A weird expression had crossed over his face for a split second, one of almost guilt, before he'd rolled his eyes to the side thoughtfully, and suggested maybe painting your teddy, or something else you loved.
But you weren't really sure what you loved. So you ended up painting some purple flowers on the second canvas for Giran, to make things even between you after he'd given you that painting of the yellow flowers a little while back.
Ever since Dabi realized that you weren't unhappy to be left at the bar, you hadn't really been seeing Giran as you once used to, and you found yourself missing him a lot.

When Dabi told you you'd have to go to Girans, you were practically ecstatic about it, your eyes widening and giving an involuntary hop of joy.
He'd given an amused huff, telling you to pack whatever you wanted to take with you. So you'd packed the canvas and paints, just in case he was able to paint with you again.
The second you'd stepped through Kurogiri's warp gate, you'd practically thrown yourself at the older man, which had made him cackle with joy himself.
He'd put his cigarette out before giving you a hug back instead of simply placing his hand on your head.

"If it ain't my favourite Star." He greets, giving you a squeeze. "How's it?"

"Good!" You reply enthusiastically, refusing to let go of him. "I've been doing all my work, and me and Shigaraki are kind-of friends, and Dabi got me some paints and stuff as a treat!"

Giran nods at you while you pull away, getting the painting you'd done for him out of your bag.
You hold it out to him proudly, relishing in the wide grin that immediately tugs at his mouth as he reaches out for it, revealing that missing tooth again.

"Wow, ain't that somethin'." He croons, looking over the painting closely. "Ya been practicin'?"

You nod. "I painted a duck for Dabi!"

"A duck?" Giran chuckles. "M' sure he loved it, kiddo."

He turns around in his chair, looking over his walls, trying to find a free spot to place your painting for him.
You slump into the seat opposite his desk, looking over the mess there. You definitely wouldn't be painting today, but that was okay. You brought some work with you, and you were hoping to talk to Giran as much as you could when he wasn't on his phone.
He ends up hooking it nearly in the center of the wall, stepping back and nodding to himself.

"Whaddaya think, Star?" He asks, looking over his shoulder at you.

You stick your thumb up enthusiastically, and he grins at you, looking at it once more before sitting back down.

"Ain't gonna lie to ya, kid. I'm gonna be super busy tonight. Ya got things ta keep ya busy? Sketchbook an' stuff?"

You pout a little at him, as if to silently complain at the fact that you hadn't seen him for a little while and he was going to be ignoring you for most the night.
His head tilts, your look of sadness being matched with one of his own.