A Happy Day

"Stop all three of you or I'll throw you all out of the house."  Mrs. Sharma could be heard shouting at her kids, who like every other set of siblings, were fighting for the TV remote.

"Mummy we were watching the CSK vs RCB match! Bhaiya is taking the remote" chorused Samarth and Ananya at the same time.

"Mummy you know IPL is not some World Cup! I want to watch Shark Tank and they're behind this stupid match." Rohan said desperately.

"But bhaiya Virat Kohli is playing, don't you get the magnitude of the game?" Ananya cried.

"Bhaiya we don't know about Dhoni's career next year! Let me watch and make them win na!" said Samarth.

"But we have a business at home and I need to learn how to carry it forward." said Rohan sensibly.

Yes Mrs. Sharma was ready to bang her head on the nearest wall.

"Rohan, you're elder na, let your younger siblings watch the match, you can watch Shark Tank on repeat when they go to school" she suggested like every other mother.

Rohan sighed, the other two grinned.

"Fine I'm going to my room" he said throwing the remote on the sofa.

"But dinner?" asked his mother.

"I don't want to eat!" he almost shouted and went upstairs, and the banging of the door could clearly be heard.

Though the younger ones got to see the match, but their elder brother was angry, and how could two naughty young siblings sit in peace when they have annoyed their elder brother?

"You two want dinner or not?" asked their mother.

"We'll have it after this innings get over. You keep it in the kitchen Mummy and take rest." Ananya said.

"Fine, but do have it got it?" sighed their mother, knowing exactly what was going to happen after she leaves.

Here, Samarth and Ananya couldn't focus on the match which was very unnatural.

"Bhai, let's go to bhaiya and make him eat. He didn't eat in the evening too." Ananya nudged Samarth.

"You're right choti, let's go otherwise he'll not even eat and go to sleep and he'll have no energy tomorrow morning." Samarth agreed.

They served the food in three plates and carried it to Rohan's room and knocked at the door.

"I don't want to eat! Anu and Sam you both eat and go to sleep!" he ordered in an elder brotherly manner.

But when you have younger siblings like these two, will they listen? A big NO!

They opened the door with the spare key they hid with them for such situations, kept the food on the study table and sat on either side of Rohan.

"Why don't you two go and watch the match?" he said sarcastically pretending to be engrossed in the phone.

"Bhaiya, you can watch Shark Tank." Samarth said.

"Yes bhaiya, we don't want to watch the match and have you angry from us" Ananya said and Samarth nodded.

Rohan tried his best not to hug the life out of his two cute younger siblings and instead said "No, no you both go and watch the match, that will end where is bhaiya going haan?" in a sarcastic tone.

To Ananya and Samarth it seemed like they really messed up this time, that bhaiya isn't even talking to them and instead telling them to go out of his room. They started walking out with a sad face.

"Where where? I was just messing with both of you. Come here" Rohan chuckled and opened his arms.

The expressions on the face of the two younger siblings changed faster than a blink of an eye and they rushed to their elder brother and hugged him.

"Bhaiya dinner" they both said and all three of them had dinner in Rohan's room before they retired for the day.

That's how things were in the Sharma house. There were fights, but everything was forgetten and forgiven before the day ended, and everyone admired the bond of these three siblings.