Can we miss your birthday?

A month somehow passed after that dreadful day, when in the Sharma household came the news of their parent's death.

The three siblings were trying to recover from that traumatic loss that just happened, along with Ayesha and Nandini. And they were doing pretty well.

Samarth was having his tests and Ananya was having her Pre Boards so both of them were busy with studies and as for Rohan, the business kept him busy and he managed it exceptionally.

Even out of this schedule, they always seemed to have time for each other. Whether it is cooking meals together, eating on one table or even sometimes crashing at midnight and sleeping in the same room, they didn't change their love for each other, and we can say that, it only increased.

It is 16th of January nearly 5pm, when Samarth heard a knock on his door.

He opened the door to find Ananya standing there with a serious face, as he read it.

"What happened Choti? Why do you look so serious?" Samarth asked his little princess.

"You know what date is it tomorrow bhai?" she asked him sternly!

"Yes I do bacha. 17th Jan...
Oh shit 17th January!" Samarth realized what he was just missing.

"I was waiting that you'll come to me with some plan as bhaiya is not at home and he'll not come before 11, but you are so bhullakad bhai!" she said.

"Sorry na choti. Let's plan something, we can put it together by 11." he said

They made a plan on how to make Rohan believe that they have forgotten his birthday just like he has forgotten that it is his birthday tomorrow. They planned that they'll set everything up in Ananya's room, because whenever Rohan comes home, he tends to check Samarth first, as he can turn the whole room upside down. So Ananya will act to sleep in Samarth's room and he'll be acting to study, so that Rohan doesn't visit her room.

"Okay so choti, I'll go and make the cake you-" Samarth began to say, when Ananya cut him in the middle.

"I don't want the kitchen to look like some earthquake struck place, I'll make the cake you do the decorations. I'll join you after putting cake in the microwave." Ananya said in a bossy tone.

Samarth chuckled and nodded. Ananya did the preparation for the cake and when she visited the room, it was looking fabulous, with bhaiya's favorite blue balloons, and a beautiful silver foil HAPPY BIRTHDAY stuck on the back wall. 

She had another idea. She wrote a beautiful letter for Rohan along with Samarth and got some pictures printed out, hanging them on the wall.

Rohan came home by 12:15 and as planned visited Samarth's room first, where he saw Samarth patting Ananya's head so she could sleep and studying at the same time.

"Anu you couldn't sleep in your room? Any problem bacha?" Rohan went to her and asked her gently caressing her hair.

"No bhaiya, bhai was teaching me Chemistry and I'm too sleepy to walk back now so I'm sleeping here only." she replied.

Rohan smiled and wished them goodnight before walking to his room.

When he entered his room he saw a letter on his table which was kept inside an envelope, on which it was written

To the best brother in this world

Happiest Birthday to the most amazing elder brother in this entire world. We cannot express how lucky we are to have you as our brother. They say no one can be perfect, but you are, atleast for us, you don't lack anywhere. You take so much care of us, you work day and night for us. You are a role model, bhaiya, nothing less than that.

We know you forgot your own birthday because of work, but how can we? How can we forget the day our amazing elder brother was born? This day is very special for us. We are always there for you, in any capacity you need us to be, always remember that and don't take any stress alone okay?

With all of our love,
Anu and Sam.

P.S.- Please come to your Anu's room

Rohan had tears in his eyes reading this letter, how much has his little kids grown up?

He rushed down to Ananya's room, not for any surprises or gifts, but just to hug his younger siblings and tell them how much he loves them both.

When he opened the door, all he could see was the beautifully decorated room, with a cake in the middle. But what caught his eye was the pictures. There were pictures of three of them laughing, the one where he was covered in cake, the one from a holdiay where they tried the Harry Potter pose and lots more. He was emotional to say the least.

"Happy Birthday Bhaiya" he heard Ananya and Samarth's voice from the back, and as soon as he saw them, he hugged them tightly.

"Thank you, thank you so much my bachas. I love you both the most. This is so amazing, I don't have words." his voice was heavy.

Ananya and Samarth also got emotional listening to Rohan. But, party was due! So they put around a sashe titled "KING" around Rohan, which they made at home, and asked him to cut the cake.

Rohan cut the cake, and then he was fed... Or rather stuffed with cake by Ananya and Samarth. Rohan knew the taste of this cake.

"Anu you made this right?" he asked looking towards Ananya.

"Yes bhaiya I did. How is it?" she asked anxiously.

"It's not good" he said and he saw Ananya's smile fade "it is the best thing I ever had" and the smile on his sister's face after hearing this statement was worth it for Rohan.

"Bhaiya we couldn't bring you gift as we were short of time" Samarth told Rohan.

"Well, I have two of the world's best gifts, why do I need another one?" he replied smiling towards his siblings.

Three of them then sat in the room discussing fond memories of the past and eventually slept off there itself.