9

"Go on a date with Sakura!" Naruto had suggested with wide eyes and in a tone which sounded more like an order.

Sasuke looked around the iciraku restraunt to see that everyone around was looking at the two boys.

Naruto was louder than usual and more fidgety like the last time he was in trouble.

Sasuke knitted his eyebrows together as he looked at his blonde best friend's nervous form from across the table.

He leaned onto the table as his elbows came in contact with the surface and he let out a breath to calm himself and not yell at him.

"Why do you say that Naruto? What happened?" He asked patiently waiting for him to start explaining.

This wasn't how they always were.
This wasn't how the duckbutt still is to anyone other than Naruto.. and now y/n.
For no one else Sasuke thinks before he acts, he usually just acts rudely and sarcastically on his initial reflexes trusting them completely. But with the blonde before him and the years of staying in his companionship , he had learnt to be more understanding of his feelings.

"It's Sakura..." Naruto Said like a deflated balloon.

"I thought you were over her Naruto , Like ever since you like Y/n" Sasuke said to test the waters with one of his eyebrows perked up now.

Naruto perked up and banged his palms against the table showing his perseverance.
"I have! I love y/n so much , Sasuke" he made an intense eye contact with his best friends pitch black orbs to tell him in everyway possible how deep his emotions were.

Sasuke's features relaxed picking up on the sheer adoration evident in his blue eyes.
He nodded assuring him.

"I know Naruto" he said lightly.

"But why ask me to go on a date with her?" He asked softly trying to calm his friend.

Naruto ruffled his palms through his hair as his wall Finally started to crumble in the presence of his friend, finally letting it all out.

"She blackmailed to tell everything to y/n about what all I did to her and for her when I was after her" he admitted feeling defeated.

Sasuke took in what he said and nodded turning his gaze to his palms resting on the table.

"But you mostly just did stupid stuff like errands for her , buying her things and stuff, so I don't think that's bad" Sasuke said as he scratched his chin in thought.

Naruto grew impatient and felt ashamed "I know it's not that bad if it's just that but what if she tells y/n about what happened at shikimaru's party" he admitted in horror as his eyes became watery due to once again imagining you abandoning him after knowing his dark secrets.

"Oh" Sasuke uttered Finally remembering what he was so scared about.

-------------

"So will you help me?, you can totally blow her off later due to some reason!" He asked with hope lacing his voice.

Sasuke stayed quiet for a long time simply staring at Naruto in deep thought.
He was analyzing his own feelings for Y/n and Naruto and how he should act.

Naruto grew more impatient by each passing second.

"I love y/n , Sasuke , I can't lose her" he banged his palms on the table harder this time.

"Help me" he ordered his friend almost demanding it , wondering why he's taking so long and what could he possibly be thinking about at a crucial moment like this.

"I love Y/n too" Sasuke said suddenly making Naruto relax suddenly due to disbelief.

Sasuke said it simply like he said anything else that he's sure of , Naruto unlike many people could recognize the razor thin differences in Sasukes monotone tone and this one was serious,  he really did mean whatever he had said just now and to Naruto's shock it wasn't what he wanted to hear.

"What" he uttered softly as he continued staring at his stoic friend who simply stared back.

A waiter slid two bowls of Ramen on the table as the dark haired boy gazed at the food but the blonde's gaze stayed fixated on his friend probably the first time ever.

"Yes I love her too" he confirmed after the waiter left.

Naruto nodded as he gazed at the food infront of him suddenly forgetting all his worries and remembering all those times when he felt Sasuke's gaze on y/n and he chose to ignore it thinking he never likes anyone.

The more he thought about it thr more he realized that falling for y/n was as inevitable for Sasuke as it was for him.

He quietly picked up the chopsticks and started to dig in.

" But I will do this for you Naruto, you're my best friend " Sasuke suddenly said in an assuring tone making Naruto look at him and form a soft smile.

"I can't possibly ask something of this sort from you anymore knowing how you feel , Sasuke" he said quietly as he sadly swirled his chopsticks in the bowl.

"No I wanna do it , but in return could you tell me how to be more Romantic?" He uttered with a bashful blush on his face as he scratched his head.

Naruto chuckled at that
"To impress the girl I love ? Sure!" Naruto laughed at his own sarcasm.

Sasuke scowled but smiled.

"So what do we do about this?" Naruto asked after a few moments.

"About what" Sasuke asked as he popped a sliced tomato in his mouth.

"We love the same girl, where does this leave us as friends ? Do we fight to death?" Naruto chuckled lightly but it sounded sad to Sasuke.

Sasuke had always been jealous of seeing y/n with Naruto but seeing today how deep his feelings were in reality and how genuinely he loved her he couldn't help but feel guilty for his past take .

As for Naruto he knew from the moment Sasuke said he loves y/n that he was serious because he had known him for years and not once Sasuke had ever remotely liked any girl ever , let alone love. And given how he saw y/n in his own eyes, it was the most real possibility that every guy who meets her falls for her and that included stoic stone hearted cold duckbutt hair hotties apparently, he thought and shook his head.

"We just see who she falls for " Sasuke said simply.