31| Belle

Silence ticks by in seconds which feels more like hours

I look at my mom through my heavy eyes, which felt like it carried tons of weight.

My mom stares at me, my confession still hanging taut in the tense air.

I almost want to take back my own words. But I don't, because this is my first step of acceptance.

First step to fight.

And I will not back out from this.

Not after what I experienced.

You don't understand the value of life until you see it getting snatched in a matter of seconds and you couldn't do anything except stand there, with heavy guilt weighing on you.

I don't want my end like that. If I were to die, I would want to have my family and him with me with no guilts.

And I plan to stay here for long, long time.

I brace myself, expecting a slap, a scolding from my mom, but instead, she pulls me in a hug.

"A-are you not angry?" I whisper.

"For how you kept it hidden, yes." She moves back, "But I am not angry for your happiness."

I rear back in shock, "R-really?"

She nods wiping away my tears, "Unknowingly, you got tied to him in a nikkah, you did not do anything wrong."

My lips quiver, "But I broke your trust."

She frowns, "No you didn't."

"I-I hid it from you, I-I even lied sometimes." I bite my lips.

She chuckles, "For that, yes. But Mina," she squeezes my arm, "I am not mad at you for your life's decision, you weren't ready, okay. But you did wanted to have a future, and trust me when I say, I have never seen you so happy before."

"So..you are not going to ask me to end it?"

Mama's eyes widen, "Absolutely not. Why would I? Yousuf is such a nice boy, if you didn't got married already, I was talking about your alliance with him to your father last night."

My eyes widen, "Really?"

She chuckles, "Yes, fate really made my wish come true."

I grab her hands, "I am sorry."

Her face softens, "Why are you sorry? If it is anything, we should be sorry to you, you don't say it but the reason for your trust issues on marriage, we all played a part in it."

I shake my head, "No mama it wasn't your fault. Fate was written already, we couldn't fight that. So please stop blaming yourself."

She smiles and taps my chin, "Why were you afraid?"