39| Husband knows best

Chaos

Chaos.

That's what's happening right now.

Utter destructive chaos.

I had just gone there to give her Irhaa her phone, but the moment I returned back to the living room, all I could hear were screams.

At first, I got alert, thinking they might be attacking Irhaa. But turns out they were laughing and jumping and constantly shaking Irhaa's shoulders.

Girls are weird.

As per my wife's request, I was to stay here until her father returns and have dinner with him.

I did as she told.

I had to submit the internal marks sheets of the law students, so I did and came directly over here.

As time is passing, I am realising my wife's real personality, she is short tempered, she has that mischievous trait in her and oh she is apparently good in plotting too. She is now not afraid to speak her mind to me, or express something she doesn't likes. Few times she even answers questions in my class with confidence.

But some parts of her remain same, now that we are sleeping together, whenever she feels me moving around or when I stay up late, she startles in her sleep. It has to go something about her life which she lived with her aunt.

After her first seminar, which she gave in a rush of challenge and adrenaline, she is now much more conscious, facing people still fazes her, slowly but surely she is getting out of her shell and loving her personality.

Even though I was skeptical of her meeting new people other than those who I have known and trust, her new friends have also played a part of bringing her out of her shell.

But that doesn't mean, It's not like I haven't kept my eyes on them, they belong to rich, influential families and the common thing they three have the security their families rope them in. Which is good in my case since they couldn't drag my wife in places which I have to be worried about.

Throughout the whole dinner, I indulged in small talks Irhaa's father, while her friends just kept staring at me like I was an alien sitting in between them.

Not telling anyone about our marriage in uni was totally Irhaa's decision and I obliged because I didn't wanted her to be any centre of attention for any bullying. If she thinks her friends her safe option, then I trust her. And if they threaten to use it against her, they have to face my wrath.

"Did you enjoy your day?" I ask looking ahead at the windshield of my car.

Finally, the dinner ended and everyone went their home. Bidding her father farewell, we are now on our way home.

"I did." She replies, the streetlight reflecting on her face, making her face appear more softer.

"Why so much chaos?" I ask.