48| Will to fight

"Call me if you need anything

"Call me if you need anything." Abbie gives me a hug as she drops me to my house.

I nod, "Thank you, best friend."

She rolls her eyes, "Come on now, shut up and go home."

I chuckle and get out of the car, I wave at Abbie as she drives away, but I stand by the gate.

Today was my last exam, my last day as a student in my university. Last day of my education.

I will never be a student again.

Me and Abbie made a lot of plans for the last of our exam. But Abbie said when I am in the right mind and mood then only we will celebrate.

Ceren, Deniz, Esra along with few of our classmates have signed a petition and submitted it to the board of directors.

Esra also mentioned they wrote about Sedef for invading privacy of our lecturer when she had no rights to.

Let's just say I have been more emotional than I was before.

My eyes fall on the neighbouring house and my nose itches from the memories of the man who brought this house.

It's been five days since he left and I have no idea how he is and where is he.

Mama sometimes talks with Shaista aunty few times but other that, we don't really have conversations with our neighbours.

Wiping the corner of my eyes, I walk towards their house gate.

I wait nervously as I ring the doorbell.

The door opens and Maryam baji peeks from inside.

"Salam." I mumble.

"Walaikumaslam." She looks at me with distinctive eyes.

"Can we talk for a while?" I ask.

She looks at me for a moment before nodding and letting me in.

"Who is it Maryam?" Her mother asks walking from the kitchen.

"Minahil?" Shaista aunty's eyes twinkle with delight as I walk in her view and she immediately ropes in a warm hug.

My eyes immediately water as I wrap my arms around her, everything about her, this house reminds me of him.

She rubs my back and grabs my face as I move away from the hug, "How are you, my daughter?"

I blink back my tears and shrug not being able to form words.

"Come here, have a seat." She guides me to sit on the couch.

"Maryam go make a coffee for her."

I shake my head, "No aunty no need for coffee, I am fine."

Maryam baji looks at her mom, "I'll go make it."