Chapter 27

AURELIA

I worked on the weekend. I studied the entire time. I even finished all my assignments. Just so I could sit in the stadium on a Monday afternoon with my friends and support my college team- Lee's words not mine.

Nothing. And I mean it. Nothing prepared me for the bloodbath the game turned out to be. It was horrible. An absolute nightmare. A disaster.

How could you possibly get hit in the eye or face for that matter while playing football. Just use the damn lower half of your body. But no!

A guy got concussion. Another twisted his hand the wrong way. Silas got a black eye. Noah broke a toenail. Matt broke his nose. Although the dude might deserve it. Dylan , Tucker and Theo got a knee or an ankle injury and Zander stupid Bridgewood got a rib injury.

Except for one or may be two guys the entire team was down. The other team was vicious. It wasn't a sport anymore. They played it like it was a battle of Game of thrones.

Furious was an understatement of what I felt. Whatever it was add an incredible amount of worry to that and you might get where I was. I was worried sick. So much that when a girl asked me if I was dating Zander, I completely ignored her.

Even the authorities didn't know that the event would turn out as such. They were ill prepared for so many injured players. Half of them were already off to tend to the guy with concussion.

The win didn't matter to me. When the match ended, I made my way to where the team was. Lee, Brie and Raven closely followed me. My eyes met Barbie in the changing room, tugging Zander's hair away from his face. He was lying on a bench.

Three students majoring in sports medicine were tending to them. I introduced myself to the girl letting her know that I can help. She told the guy who twisted his hand the wrong way to get a ten days physiotherapy session and asked me to clean the wound on the guy that got the black eye.

"Move over Stacy." I asked her after washing my hands and holding a gauze and the solution the girl gave me.

"Don't be a cockblock bitch." Words that I expected Silas to say but was actually said by Stacy herself. Can she not see the blood on the side of his face.

Silas pushed her away. "Let me go." She scowled at him and flipped her curly jet hair before strutting away.

"Sorry about that."

I sat beside him and he leaned a little for me to be comfortable enough to clean his eyes. "It's okay."

"Why are you doing this?"

"We are out of medical practitioners."

He winced as I cleaned the side of his eyes revealing a small but deep cut."So just like that you're helping me."

"Just like that. Go now. The wound is clean but you need two or three stiches. Don't be reckless and get them asap." I said throwing the gauze.

He gave me a salute and a smile and walked away.

The men took it like a champ. They were radiating pain but were letting the people tending to them do their jobs. Matt was sent off to the hospital as well and so was Noah with Brie on his side.

"Zayn is looking at you." Cindy whispered to me when I helped her wrap a bandage on Dylan's knee.

Dylan groaned in pain when I tightened the bandage.

"He has Barbara." I told her and moved to Lee who was learning the ice pack technique from one of the sport medicine guys to help Tucker. Raven was with her but her focus was on Barbara and Zander. Her eyes were shooting daggers at them.