🟢 Chapter 9 - Auklet 🟢

Auklet pattered through the halls. Her Clawmate, Bumblebee, was the perfect match for her.

Bumblebee was talkative and buzzed around like a bee all day, and Auklet was the quiet and serene one.

"Auklet, what's wrong?" Bumblebee inquired, fluttering to the SeaWing's side.

"Nothing. What makes you think something's wrong?" Auklet asked as they rounded the corner to their cave.

The sign above read 'Jade 1'. That was their cave number.

"You kept staring at that SilkWing." Bumblebee hopped up and down.

"Dusky? Hah, you do realize this is basically my first time seeing Pantalan dragons, right?" Auklet scoffed.

"You were acting like you were on a different continent when you looked at him! You like him!" Bumblebee trilled.

Auklet rolled her eyes. But she couldn't deny that the shy little SilkWing was quite cute.

"Shut it. I command it." Auklet said, trying to sound royal.

"Hah, you aren't my princess!" Bumblebee fluttered up to her silk hammock, which rocked when she landed in it.

Auklet turned to the little built-in pool, which rested in the corner of the cave. She splashed into the water. It was cold.

Resting her head underwater, Auklet closed her eyes.

🟢🟢🟢

Auklet yawned. Webs was teaching history, and she just wanted this torture to end.

"And the SandWing Succession War was finished when Sunny the hybrid gave the Eye if Onyx to her mother, Thorn...." Webs trailed on and on.

Dusky was beside her, he was furiously writing notes in a scroll. Auklet looked around.

Bumblebee had nonchalantly fallen asleep, her snout resting on the wooden desk.

Peacemaker and Cliff talked in hushed voices, and Mink lashed her tail and looked at her own talons.

"Auklet, did you hear what...um...Webs said? I missed it." Dusky's voice hissed into Auklet's ear.

Auklet turned. "I didn't hear, sorry." She shook her head at Dusky. "Why are you trying to take so many notes?"

"I don't want to miss anything about Pyrrhia." Dusky shrugged.

Webs finished his never-ending speech and ended the class, to everyone's happiness.

Dusky closed the scroll and stood, making his way out of the class. Auklet caught up to him.

"Wait, Dusky!" She called. The wingless dragonet looked back at her curiously.

"I-if you want, you can come back to my cave and I can tell you about Pyrrhia. L-like the queens and the history-" Auklet stammered.

Dusky nodded. "I'd like that." He murmured. "Tomorrow?" He asked.

Auklet nodded. "That's perfect. Thanks."

Bumblebee bounded to Auklet's side. "Ooh, someone's going on a date!"

"No." Auklet's tail lashed. "It's not a date. It's a friendly gesture to teach him more about Pyrrhia."

"Don't worry, I had plans to be at Mink's cave tomorrow." Bumblebee assured. "I won't be a third-wheel."

Auklet lightly smacked her tail against Bumblebee's back legs and the HiveWing fluttered into the air.

"Hey!" She scolded.

Auklet snickered. "That's for saying me and Dusky are going on a date."

Bumblebee narrowed her eyes. "Sure. We'd better get to battle training or Tsunami will claw our ears off."

Auklet nodded, and the two made their way down the halls.

Auklet would never be going on a date with anyone.