🐝 Chapter 23 - Bumblebee 🐝

Bumblebee stared in shock. "Dusky!" She called after she was sure he has vanished into the forest.

"Maybe this was a bad idea." Cliff mumbled. He flicked the banner with his claw. "Bumblebee, I told you he wasn't ready."

Bumblebee refused to listen to anyone. "I'm sorry, so very sorry, I wanted to do something nice for my friend!" She growled.

Peacemaker shrunk back at the growl. "Maybe it's best if we leave him alone." He muttered. "Maybe it's best we leave everyone alone." And with those words, Peacemaker flapped his wings and took off, the wind stirring behind him.

Cliff gave Bumblebee a worried, angsty look. He mouthed "sorry" before taking off after Peacemaker, trailing after the hybrid.

Luna stared in dismay at the banner. Bumblebee was too shocked to speak.

"Bumblebee," Luna started hesitantly. "This wasn't the best idea. Dusky's still...mourning."

Bumblebee's whole body felt like a shell. Empty, with the only thing she could hear being her own thoughts.

Luna inched closer and put a wing around Bumblebee. "I'm sorry. I think we should clean up and go back to the school."

Bumblebee nodded, still feeling hollow inside. How was she meant to be the funny, energetic friend if one was too busy being sad about the other leaving?

What about Peacemaker and Cliff? They were closer as friends than Bumblebee was with either of them.

And Mink...she was gone. Bumblebee didn't know if she was ever going to be back. Bumblebee's only friend was Mink. The only one that the little HiveWing was close with.

Luna fluttered to the other side of the small clearing to pick up one side of the banner. She heaved it into the bushes. "Some animals might get caught in that. I'll go get help back at the mountain." And she was gone.

Bumblebee still hadn't moved, or said a word.

Everything was falling apart.

Nothing would ever be normal.

Dragons were going missing. Her friend  was one of those dragonets.

Their entire Winglet seemed to be slowly falling apart like many pieces of driftwood floating across a river.

And nothing was even remotely trying to keep them together.