🟢 Chapter 26 - Auklet 🟢

Auklet yawned, awakening to a swarm of light blue scales in her face. "Auklet, Auklet!" Anemone flashed in Aquatic.

Anemone paced, her tail propelling her through the water as she circled her little sister.

Auklet watched as water swirled around her, and she waited for her sister to stop.

Anemone paused and grabbed Auklet by the talons. "Mother's making you a harness, we have to leave before she gets you to try it on."

"What's the big deal? Its just a harness."

"The last time she put a dragonet in a harness, she didn't let me out of it for years. You'd hate it. Let's go." Anemone scoffed quietly underwater as they scooted from the palace and resurfaced from the vast ocean.

"Why? What's happening?" Auklet demanded to know. Anemone just paddled to the shore, shaking out her wings and leaving wet droplets of water on the sand.

"You want to see Dusky, yeah?" Anemone didn't answer her question, but instead asked another.

"Yeah, why? What does that have to do with a harness?" Auklet was beyond confused.

"I told Mother I'd take you there to visit him under my supervision. We have to go now. I have a plan to get you back there for good."

"But-"

"No buts!" Anemone soared into the air, leaving Auklet no choice but to follow her older sister.

"Anemone!" Auklet tried to keep up as fast as she could. The fly was tiring, nothing like swimming. She was still cold from the sudden change of water to air.

What felt like hours later, Jade Mountain suddenly appeared into view. Auklet stared in awe, it looked a lot bigger for some reason.

"Let's go! Now!" Anemone dipped lower and dove towards the entrance, where flames flickered from inside and dragonets chartered around the outside.

As Auklet landed with a small thump, Anemone scurried to speak with Tsunami, Auklet's older sister.

A familiar voice sounded behind Auklet as she turned to look at her surroundings.

Dusky's bright purple scales shone as Auket faced him silently, but what was most unique was his new, huge wings that flapped in short, quick bursts behind him.

"Auklet...?"