| part 7 |

Finnicks victor tour was finally over

Finnicks victor tour was finally over. Me and Finnick had grown closer over the two weeks. We'd stay up late talking about our life's at 4 and talk about our nightmares, trying our best to help each other. Everyone was now in victor village, living in their homes. Finnick and his mother were living with Mags in the house opposite mine. After his games they choose to move in with Mags instead of their own. Mags offered and they accepted, it was a simple decision, really. She was lonely and Finnicks mum, Thalia, is the sweetest woman so decided to keep the older woman company. Every Saturday me and Avy go round and we all made cup-cakes together and gave them out to people in the district.

--------------

It had been a two years since the victor tour and it was coming up to Fin's 16th birthday and I knew this didn't mean anything good. I had expected Snow to force him into prostitution like he had done with me after my games. But he didn't. Finnick was loved by the Capitol, so why hadn't Snow asked him yet? Was he actually being half decent and waiting till he had come of age?

I walked up to the Odair's house and knocked three times. We came up with a knock so we'd know it wasn't Snow or a peace keeper. It made hearing the door much more bearable.

"Hello dear, what can I do for you" Thalia asked me.

"I'm looking for Finnick" I say, inlighting her of why I'm standing on her front porch.

"He's at the beach"

"Thank you, Thalia" I wave her goodbye, heading in the direction of the beach. Since living at Victor village I discovered a private beach that no one knew about and it became mine and Finnicks hiding spot.

I arrived at the beach and saw Finnick swimming in the water.
"Oi, fishy" I shout grabbing his attention.

"What do you want?" he asks.

"I need to speak to you" I say in a serious tone.

"Then you'll have to come here" he smirks.

"Are you kidding me?, the water is freezing today. No way" I argue, pulling my arms over my chest trying to keep me warm.

"Well I guess it can't be that important then"

My god this boy is going to be the death of me. I strip off my sweater and shorts so that I'm just in my undergarments. Luckily for me, Finnick was deeper enough that the water could conceal my body.

"Common don't be shy, I don't bite" Finnick mocks as I slowly make my way out into the water.

"No but you do stab" I laugh.

"Yeah, but so do you"

We both laugh. To others we had very dark humour but to each other it was normal. It was how we delt with the trauma of the games.

"What did you want to talk about?" he asks.

I watch him as he takes a glimpse of my body with a smirk plastered on his face.
"My eyes are up here kelp head"