| part 10 |

"Prim came up with the idea of trying to hijack him back," Haymitch tells me. "Bring up the distorted memories of Katniss and then give him a big dose of a calming drug, like morphling. We've only tried it on one memory. The tape of the two in the cave, when Katniss told him that story about getting Prim the goat"

"Any improvement?" I ask.

"Well, if extreme confusion is an improvement over extreme terror, then yes," says Haymitch. "But I'm not sure it is. He lost the ability to speak for several hours, went into some sort of stupor. When he came out, the only thing he asked about was the goat."

"Right," I say.

"How have you been since escaping the hospital?" Haymitch asks making me smile slightly.

"It's good. How are things going with the rebellion?" I lied about being good. It's like I'm hanging onto a single piece of fraying thread, the only thing getting me through the day being my Family.

"Katniss is going to district 2 today. Then we will have all the districts in our side"

"That's great" I say with a genuine smile. The closer we are to going to the Capitol means the closer we are to snows death. Snows death will be the only thing that brings me peace.

"I have to go but I'll see you later. I'm coming to kidnap Caspian and Avy"

"Bye Haymitch. I love you" I laugh.

"Love you too, sweetheart" he says just as the door closed.

--------------

"How's your day been?" I ask
Finnick who just came back from doing his daily jobs.

"Good, you know they are gonna start making you do this soon"

"I'd like to see them try. I have a new born baby and was tortured for 3 months protecting their precious plans"

"Good point"

"How is my beautiful girl?" He asks picking Hope up out of her crib. He rocks her gently side to side as her eyes begin to get droopy and slowly close.I swear he is a baby whisperer.

"I don't know how you do that? But I'm thankful" I sigh falling back onto the bed.

"I'm her favourite. That's how"

"She's a traitor. I carried her in my womb for 9 months. What did you do? Nothing. And she chooses you" I groan in annoyance.

Finnick just laughs at me as he places Hope back down.

"Speaking of our children. Where on earth is Caspian?"

"Don't worry he's having a sleepover with Avanna and Haymitch next door"

"I never thought Haymitch would be that good with kids"

"Well he's sober and there's not much entertainment around here" I say as Finnick takes off his top and gets into bed. I move my head onto his chest and he begins to stroke my hair.

"Tell me about the first time we met" I asked Finnick randomly.

"I still remember the feeling of when I first started talking to you" Finnick begins. "When you were first mentoring me I thought you were annoying and sarcastic. I still do but it's come to be one of the many things I love about you" I laugh at him looking up into his seaweed green eyes.

The memories of when we first met slowly become clearer to me as I remember the things I felt.

"The first time I met you I thought you were full of yourself and a prick. I was jealous of every time a girl would look at you. Even when you where fighting for your life in the arena I got jelous of when you kissed that girl." I admitted.

"You? Aurora Odair jealous?" he asked mocking me.

"Shut uppp" I laugh playfully hitting his chest.

"Ok, ok. I'm sorry. It's just funny for you to admit you were jealous. You do realise I'm married to you right? For a good 6 years"

"Only because you killed that girl" I laughed.

Me and Finnick always make jokes about our trauma I'm not going to stop now. Some might think we are crazy or insensitive. But who cares. We didn't survive all that shit just to care what people think.

"I love you, good night" I say snuggling my head into the crook of Finnicks neck.

"Night love" he says placing a kiss on my head.

--------------

"Good morning" I smile looking up to Finnick.

"Morning love. You didn't have any nightmares?" He questioned, this being the first night we've slept together and I haven't woken him up.

"Nope, I actually slept peacefully for the first time in months" I explain getting out of bed and walking over to Hope.

"That's good" he smiles.

"Good morning, baby" I say picking up Hope and cradling her in my arms as I feed her.

"Beautiful" I hear Finnick say.

"What is? Your daughter?, Your wife? or my boobs?" I laugh.

"All of them" he replies making me laugh more. "You know it's been 7 weeks"

"Finnick!"

"What I'm just saying?" he says in defence.

"If I wasn't feeding our daughter right now I would hit you"

"Forgive me for missing my wife"

"Well I'm right here so you can stop missing me"

"You know that's not what I meant" he smirks.

"Goodbye, Finnick" I say, buttoning up my jumpsuit before walking over to next door.

--------------

"Did you have fun with Granpa?" I ask Caspian as I walk through the door.

"We had so much fun" Caspian said squealing in excitement.

"I'm always happy to take care of them if you and Finnick need some alone time" Haymicth explained.

"We might have to take you up on that offer" Finnick replied as he walked into the room wrapping his arms around my waist and pacing a kiss on my cheek.

"Ewww get a room" Avanna said with a disgusted face reminding me of when she was younger.

"Real" I whisper to myself looking around at everyone's smiles.

"This is real" Finnick repeats into my ear clearly hearing what I had said to myself.

1003 words