| part 13 |

Today has been one of the hardest days in a while. Mags had another stroke leaving her dead. I stare at her still pale body lying on the hospital bed. I can't believe she's gone.

Avanna holds tightly onto Mags limp hand with tears streaming down her face. "Mags, wake up, please" she cry's out.

"Avy, she's not coming back" I gently pull her away from Mags so they can take her body away. "I'm sorry" I tell her pulling her into my chest as she cries.

"She's gone"

"I - know" my voice breaks as I try my best to hold myself together. I feel Finnicks arms wrap around us pulling us into a group hug.

--------------

Finnick gently places Avanna onto her bed after she finally falls asleep.
"Are you okay? I ask him.

"I should be asking you that"

"I'm fine" I tell him.

"Are you okay, Finnick?" I ask him agian. "Finnick" I say sadly looking at him, he's about to brake, I can see it. I gently place some rope into his hand knowing it's one of the only things that will help.

"She's gone" he cries.

"She's at peace now" I remind him as he sobs into my chest. No matter how much death you experience in your life you never get used to it. It never gets easier, knowing they are gone. It still hurts the same every time. She lived a long life but it was still cut to short. She's at peace now. I repeat to myself. She's at peace. Eventually, Finnick has tired himself out and I gently move his head off of me and onto a pillow. I quickly feed Hope before walking out of the door careful not to wake anyone.

After school, I was going to have to tell Caspian that his grandmother had died. How was I meant to do that?
All you ever want to do as a mother is protect your child from the cruelness of the world and now I had to tell him she was dead.

I knock three times on the door. Out of habit. I never knock once, always three.

"Aurora" Haymitch greats.

"Can you look after Hope? I have to go to training" I explain.

"Aurora, you don't have to go to training today"

"Yes, I do" tears begin to cloud my eyes as I look at him with a pleading look.

"Fine. But leave if it gets too much"
I thank him as I give Hope over to him.

"Your here?" Katniss questions.

"Yeah, I am"

"That's not a good idea" she argues.

"When in doubt remember, Fish"

"What?" Katniss says confused.

"Fish. Fuck It, Shit Happens"
I tell her. It's something me and Finnick came up with at four for when we were having bad days. "There was nothing I could do to stop Mags from dying. I'm not gonna mope around all day because of it. She wouldn't want that"

"Ok" she says meeting her defeat.

"So you two didn't kill each other being roomies?" I ask changing the subject.

"It was tempting" Jo said with her signature grin.

We do the same thing as usual.
Stretch. Run. Some more stretching. More running. Assemble guns. Shoot guns. Same old thing.

| Finnick |

I woke up from my nap to see Avaan still asleep but Hope and Aurora nowhere to be found. I groggily get out of bed looking around, they're not here. I walk over to Haymitch and knock three times.

"What is with you and your Mrs knocking three times?" He asks opening the door with my sleeping daughter in his arms.

Why does Haymitch have my child?

"We came up with that knock back at four to let each other know it wasn't Snow or peace keepers" I explain. Still curious as to why he has my child. And where the fuck is my wife.
"Why do you have my child?"

"I feel like I'm going to get Aurora in trouble"

"Haymitch" I say sternly.

"SheWentToTraining" he said so quickly I could barely make it out. I can't believe she went to training.

"I'll be taking her now" I say stealing my sleeping daughter back.

"Thanks, Haymitch" I say closing the door.

"Anytime" he shouts just as the door shuts.

"Let's go find mummy shall we" I say in a baby voice to a now, wide awake Hope. "Mummies in big trouble" I say staring into her ocean blue eyes and tickling her belly, making her laugh. She's adorable.

I walk over to Soldier York.
"I need you to pull Aurora out of training today. Mags died today. She's using training as a distraction" I explain snitching on my wife.

"SOLDIER ODAIR" she shouts pulling Auroras attention away from Johanna and Katnis.

She looks over and sees me holding Hope, her expression instantly turns guilty. It's like that time I caught her letting Johanna take her morphine. She really does look like a child who just got caught doing something she wasn't meant to.

"Hey, honey" she says flirtatiously.

"Nope, your not getting out of this. Common we are going"

She pouts like a toddler before taking Hope out of my arms.

"I was holding her" I argue.

"Did you carry her for nine months then push her out of you?" She asks me leaving me speechless and meeting defeat. "Didn't think so" she smirks proudly holding our child in her arms.

"Mumma missed you" she says placing a kiss on Hopes head.

"Why did you go to training?" I asked her nicely.

"I didn't want to fall behind"
She lied.

"Aurora" is all I said before she spilt the truth.

"Alright, fine you got me. I lied. I wanted to distract myself and it was working too until you showed up with our child. How could I say no to this face?" She asks spinning around so I could see Hopes happy face.

 How could I say no to this face?" She asks spinning around so I could see Hopes happy face

990 words

990 words.
Rip Mags