| part 8 |

It had been 3 months since Finnicks mother died and since our relationship started. He was still grieving his mother but he knew sadness and hatred wouldn't change what happened. Last week, Snow visited Finnick again. I don't know what was said but he's been distant from me since.

"Hey, what up with you?" I ask while stroking his hair. We were currently laying in bed his head laying on my chest.

He lifts his head up and sits up.
"Nothing" he says with no emotion.

"You've been acting weird ever since Snow came to visit again, what did he say to you?" I ask worried.

"It was nothing, just drop it please"

"Fin, this isn't like you. To be angry and distant" I state concerned for his wellbeing.

"Hmm I don't know. maybe it's because my Mother died" he snaps.

"You only got this bad since Snow visited. So I'll ask you again, what did he say?" I demanded. He now had tears threatening to fall from his eyes as his hands played around with some rope. He tends to tie knots when he's sad or stressed.

"Please, tell me. You know I'm always here for you" I gently grabbed hold of his hands stroking them, before he got too many rope burns.

"He, he - " his voice cracks as a tear rolls down his cheek. I bring my hand up to his face wiping it away.

"It's ok, take your time" I managed to give him a small reassuring smile. It broke me seeing him like this. He hasn't been the same since his mum died and it was killing me inside. He was a mess and I didn't know how to help.

"He, he - he threatened to hurt you, if I didn't take his offer" he trembles out.

"Ohh, Finnick" my voice breaks as tears continue falling out his ocean eyes.

"It's ok, it's gonna be ok" I pull him into my a hug as he releases his pain filled sobs.
Finnick drifts off to sleep in my arms after crying until he couldn't. Snow was going to pay for this.

I carefully pull Finnick out of my arms and place him onto a pillow. I creep out of our room and head down stairs, leaving out the door. Times like this is when I'm grateful our house is so close to the beach. I sit down on the soft sand, listening to the melody of the sea waves. The beach was so peaceful it was the only place that distracted me from the games and Snow. Who would of thought that a frail old man could cause so much pain?
I sat at the beach for hours starting at the darkened sky breathing in the fresh salty air.

I watched as the sun began to rise, painting the sky with beautiful pinks and oranges.
I brush the sand off of me before walking back to the house. I begin to make breakfast for everyone and hear footsteps behind me. Out of instinct I grab a hold of a knife and turn around ready to pounce at the intruder in my home. I turn around to be met with Finnicks golden hair and gorgeous eyes. How was I so lucky to have him?

"I come in piece" he laughs sticking his hands up in surrender, looking at the knife in my hand. A genuine laugh.

"Someone seems better after yesterday" I smile at him.

"I would be even better if I woke up with you in my arms, where were you?" He asks.

"I went to the beach" I say as I mix the eggs.

"Without me, I'm offend" he fake gasps placing his hand over his heart.

"Can you go wake the others, breakfast is ready" I ask him. "Yes mam" he says saluting me before making his way up stairs.

I place four plates of food down onto the table. I hear the sound of laughter and look up to see Avy placed over Finnicks shoulder while he tickles her, with my mum slowly helping Mags walking behind them. We really did have the perfect little family.

'Food looks delicious, thank you' Mags signs to me, taking a seat.

Finnick placed Avanna down on the ground. He comes up behind me placing his hands on my hips giving me a kiss on my cheek before we sit down to eat.

"Avy, why aren't you eating?" I ask her worried, normally I can't stop her from eating.

"Your and fishy face put me off my food with all your kissing" she says pouting making everyone laugh at her actions.

"Raindrop, you need to eat your breakfast. It's s the most important meal of the day"
Finnick encourages her, sounding like a proper dad.

"Fine" she gives in taking a mouth full of food.

808 words.