𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓧𝓧𝓥𝓘𝓘

Draco and I arrived late last night with the Squad Leader. He informed us that ODM Gear wouldn't be necessary, so we stowed it away before reuniting with the others. Joyous greetings awaited our return, and this morning found us gathered in the common room.

Draco and I engaged in lively conversation, occasionally glancing over at the intense chess match between Reiner and Bertholdt.

" Sis !". Sasha's voice rang out.

I turned my attention to her, intrigued," Yes, Sasha ?".

" Could you conjure up some food for me ?". Sasha inquired hopefully.

" I'm afraid I don't possess a spell for that, apologies". I replied.

Sasha let out a disappointed sigh," That's a shame. How about you, Draco ? Do you know such a spell ?".

" It's not the type of spell I'd bother to remember". Draco retorted.

Sasha leaned against the the palm of her hand with an air of defeat, mirroring Connie's posture - hand resting against his cheek.

" Well, this place isn't too far from my village". Connie remarked.

" It's quite close to my hometown as well". Sasha chimed in.

" Ah, you're from here ?". Draco wondered with a bored tone.

Sasha simply nodded," We've ventured to the southern part of Wall Rose...".

" Why can't we head back ? We're just idling away here all day". Connie grumbled.

" Perhaps if they approve, Sasha, Springels, you could show us your village". I suggested with a smile.

Sasha nodded in agreement," That would be nice, but I'm not optimistic about it for now".

" My mother would definitely like you". Connie mumbled.

Draco's brow furrowed," What was that remark ?".

Connie brushed him off and continued, causing a slight twitch in Draco's eye.

" This situation stinks. Maybe I'll sneak out tonight". Connie stated.

" Really ? Do you miss home that much ? My family insisted I return only after I've achieved respectability". Sasha retorted.

" Everyone doubted a midget like me could become a soldier, but I proved them wrong. I even made it into the top ten of my training corps. So, I'm planning to return to my village and flaunt my success. Not that I have to rub it in, but I want to, while I still have the chance". Connie declared.

" Connie, if you're serious, count me in". Reiner chimed in.

" Why the sudden interest, Reiner ?". I wondered aloud.

Draco scoffed," He's acting like it's the grandest mission of the century".

" I'm curious too, why ?". Connie asked.