oʍʇ ʎʇuǝʍʇ ɐɹʇxǝ

While the doctor was stitching up Pei Hao's wounds, he kept grinning, causing the doctor to look at Mo Xi with a puzzled expression. That look undoubtedly asked, "Is your friend mentally okay?"

Mo Xi had no interest in responding to the doctor. Instead, he stared without blinking at the long and deep gash on Pei Hao's arm, filled with worry. With each pass of the needle and thread in the doctor's hands through Pei Hao's flesh, Mo Xi's brows would slightly furrow, as if he were the one in pain instead of Pei Hao. It was the typical case of the emperor not being anxious, but the eunuch being on edge.

Seeing Pei Hao's mouth almost reaching the back of his head, the doctor couldn't help but ask, "Why are you smiling?"

"Oh," Pei Hao shook his head, smiling at Mo Xi. "I just feel like he really cares about me."

The doctor's hands trembled noticeably for a moment while working. He looked up with a meaningful glance at the two of them and then continued his work.

"Stop talking," Mo Xi glanced at Pei Hao, paused for a few seconds, and then asked with concern, "Doctor, will this scar?"

"After the stitches are removed, we'll give him some scar removal cream. Of course, you could also consider going to the plastic surgery department later," the doctor's reply was succinct. In simple terms, it meant there was no guarantee that it wouldn't leave a scar.

After hearing this, Mo Xi's brow furrowed even tighter. Looking at the gruesome wound that had already been stitched up, he felt uneasy. If it weren't for their family's situation, Pei Hao wouldn't have had to suffer like this. Mo Xi didn't want to refuse Pei Hao while enjoying his kindness, but now that things had escalated to this point, he couldn't just let it go.

Pei Hao saw the worried look in Mo Xi's eyes and knew he was overthinking again. With one hand propping up his chin, he said nonchalantly, "I'm a grown man, does it really matter if there's a scar?"

"It matters," Mo Xi lowered his head, wanting to explain a few things, but the words stuck in his throat. He couldn't quite articulate why he felt it was important, so he swallowed his words.

"Alright," Pei Hao lifted his other hand to ruffle Mo Xi's hair gently, speaking softly as if soothing a child, "I'll go to that plastic surgery department if it really bothers you."

"Cough, cough, the stitching is done. He'll need a tetanus shot later," the doctor finished his work, tidied up his needle and thread, and hurriedly left the room. He was afraid that if he stayed any longer, he'd get absorbed into the ambiguous atmosphere between the two.

Just a few steps outside the room, he stopped himself: Wait, it should be him asking those two to leave, so why was he walking away?

Chunming Mountain was located in the northern part of City X, renowned as an affluent neighborhood. Several distinctive white townhouses sat on either side of the riverbank. As autumn arrived, the leaves of the willow trees had turned yellow. With a gust of wind, the leaves fell, and the river's surface shimmered with a golden glow.

Pei Yi Xin hadn't gone to the company this afternoon. He had planned to go play a game of golf, but when he came back home and sat on the couch, he felt a bit tired. Seeing Song Wanqin engrossed in watching a Republican-era drama, he decided to sit down with her for a while.