ʇɥƃᴉǝ ʎʇuǝʍʇ ɐɹʇxǝ

After signing the final contract of the year with a client in the company's meeting room, Pei Hao let out a sigh of relief. He had talked to the necessary clients and finalized the contracts; the company's affairs would finally quiet down for a while.

Fu Bing asked him if he wanted to take a vacation. She remembered the last time when Pei Hao took a week off but was called back after just a few days. After a moment of contemplation, Pei Hao sent a WeChat message to Mo Xi, asking about his plans for Christmas.

That morning, Mo Xi had overslept, hitting the snooze button without realizing it. He ended up sleeping for half an hour more before hurriedly getting up, glancing at his phone, and then rushing to school for an exam. He grabbed a quick sandwich at noon and rushed to the office, completely forgetting to reply.

Pei Hao didn't pay much attention to it either. He knew Mo Xi could be busy during the day and might not have time to reply to him.

The next morning, Pei Hao attended a company meeting where Fu Bing provided a detailed summary of the company's performance for the year. Despite her serious expression, occasional smiles at the corners of her mouth indicated that she was quite satisfied with this year's results. The meeting continued until noon, and then Fu Bing checked her watch, smiling slightly, "That's it for today. The company is on holiday this afternoon. Everyone has been working hard recently."

Cheers filled the meeting room, resembling the scene when teachers announced the cancellation of evening self-study during school days. After praising Fu Bing for a while, everyone excitedly headed back to their workstations to pack up and go home.

Returning to his office, Pei Hao pulled out his phone and checked it again. Mo Xi still hadn't replied, and it had been nearly 20 hours. He couldn't help feeling a bit disheartened. He was about to send another message to Mo Xi when he heard a knock on the door.

"Come in," Pei Hao said without looking up from his phone, his expression sour.

"Brother Hao, Fu Sister asked me to bring these documents to you." Chen Xu walked in, holding a folder. He stole a glance at Pei Hao and then lowered his head.

Ever since the incident at Pei Hao's house last time, Chen Xu dared not meet Pei Hao's gaze. Whenever he entered Pei Hao's office, he did so cautiously, making sure not to say more than necessary. Pei Hao had also never mentioned that incident. Although they still had some work-related interactions, Pei Hao's attitude towards him had become even more distant.

"Alright," Pei Hao took the documents and didn't even look up, "Thank you."

Concise and polite, but his demeanor was distant, keeping everyone at arm's length.

This was how Pei Hao interacted with his ordinary colleagues.

In Pei Hao's eyes, Chen Xu was no different from the various other colleagues in the company. But no matter what, Chen Xu genuinely liked Pei Hao! Every time he thought about this, Chen Xu felt a sense of frustration.

He was also very curious about Pei Hao's feelings towards the guy from the hospital that time.