(puǝ) ǝʌᴉɟ ʎʇɹᴉɥʇ ɐɹʇxǝ

"In the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." — The Beatles

At the airport lounge while waiting for his flight back to China, Pei Hao posted a social media update. Two pictures: one of the starry night from last night and the other showing his hand intertwined with Mo Xi's.

No text, no privacy settings, no concealment—visible to everyone.

Chen Xu was the first person to see this status. He clicked on Pei Hao's profile and noticed that his signature had been changed to: "May I win one person's heart, and never be separated."

Seeing this sentence, Chen Xu's first thought was the person whom Pei Hao was constantly concerned about in the hospital. It must be him; Pei Hao's eyes held only him.

Although feeling somewhat disheartened, Chen Xu consoled himself that his luck was actually not bad. At least he hadn't fallen for a straight guy. He silently exited Pei Hao's profile, closed his phone, and prepared to go out for lunch.

During his lunch break, Da Bai, who was playing on his phone in the office's pantry, recognized Mo Xi's hand at a glance—the back of his hand had a thin, long white birthmark. Da Bai had witnessed this relationship develop over almost eight years, through ups and downs, and now, they had finally come together. He wasn't particularly emotional about it. He had dated over ten boyfriends himself and was still single, so in a way, he envied Mo Xi.

There were many words he wanted to say, but none were sent out. He simply liked the status and then sent a private message to Pei Hao: "You must treat him well."

Pei Hao quickly replied: "I will."

Soon after, Pei Hao's social media exploded with reactions. There were likes, congratulations, and more people asking who it was. Those who knew him a bit better inquired if he was a young man from somewhere, while those who were more familiar joked whether he was a beautiful girl. Pei Hao didn't reply to any of them.

It was Egg Brother's WeChat that appeared next: "Is it Xiao Xi?"

Pei Hao: Yeah.

Egg Brother: Damn, you managed to win him back!! Xiao Xi must be blind...

Pei Hao: ...

Pei Hao: Get lost.

Egg Brother: Just kidding. Wishing you both a lifetime of love, unity, and early parenthood...

Pei Hao: ...

A day later, Pei Hao was in a meeting room waiting for Fu Bing to begin the meeting. He glanced at his phone and coincidentally saw a comment on that status from Song Wanqin: "Mom hopes you're happy."

When Fu Bing opened the door, he found Pei Hao, who usually wore a cold expression, staring at his phone. His eyes seemed moist, and he couldn't help but ask in confusion, "Hey, what's going on?"