chapter four

.Meira's POV.

    Fuck!

    Yeah, you fucked this guy last night.

    My eyes became the size of saucers as his, Austin looked at me with no emotion. No sign of shock flashes through those warm brown eyes.

    Not. A. Single. Reaction.

    The fuck?!

    I looked at my dad, "What...?"

    He nodded. I looked at mama and she was looking at me with the look, 'It's important and we have nothing to do.'

    "This is crazy!" I exclaimed.

    "Meira." Dad sternly called.

    "Dad, this is not done!" I said. I looked at Austin again and saw him standing there like a mannequin with no emotions.

    No emotions? Last night, he was fucking moaning my name!

    Asshole!

    Did he knew who I was? That he was hired to being my bodyguard?

    I turned to Austin and walked close to him, crossing my arms on my chest, "Mr. Davis, would you mind giving me and my parents some privacy?" I gave him a fake smile. If he can be an ass, I can also be a bitch.

    He looked at my dad and I followed his gaze. Dad looked at me momentarily and then at Austin. He nods at him and Austin gave a single nod before walking outside the office without any hesitation and not even a single glance back.

    Did he just ignore my presence and, was my statement not enough for him to get out of this room?

    After the door clicked closed, I turned to my dad. "What the hell is this?" I asked calmly.

    "This is for your safety." He said.

    "What safety? Are there goons and mafia gangs after me? Are you doing smuggling or something illegal?" I asked exaggerating.

    He glared, "Shut up!" I shut and looked away huffing, crossing my arms on my chest again.

    He continued, "Your mom and I are going to travel for an entire year back to back. We'll be rarely home, you know that. And we can't just let you stay at home alone with no protection."

    "I'll be safe. I'm an adult and—"

    "So? Just so you're an adult, you don't need protection? You're going to be safe 24/7? No, Meira. You might be an adult but you're still alone. We won't be here all the time. You won't be before our eyes." Dad said. "I can't live in peace while being on the different side of the world not knowing how my daughter would be doing."

    He got up from his chair and walked toward me. He put his hands on my shoulders, "You need Austin. He's your bodyguard from now on. And he's not permanent. He's just here until we finish our traveling and then he'll be gone. Till we get back, just please co-operate. For me and your mama."

    I sighed and looked at my parents.

    My parents; especially my dad, will be traveling to different countries for business purposes. Traveling is a bit risky for dad because of his health. But for the business, it's important for him to go. Mama won't risk anything so she's accompanying him. The traveling schedule is for almost more than a year.

    "But Martha is here. She'll stay." I said.

    "Martha is close to her old age. And two women living alone in a big house? Not a chance. Male presence is important. Also, you just started college. Hiring a driver for you was already in question but since now Austin would be here, everything would be sorted. He'll be with you all the time except for when it's time for everyone's bed."