chapter twelve

.Meira's POV.

    After Austin left, I went downstairs and asked Martha that i would like to have my dinner back in my room. She served me mine upstairs and left me alone for rest of the evening.

    I watched a movie while eating and later on finished some of my assignments. Tomorrow is Saturday which was a good thing.

    I looked in my laptop screen to track the time.

    Damn, its late.

    Shutting the screen, i got ready for the bed, changing into something comfortable. I turned off my light and laid on my bed. But, I couldn't sleep.

    Austin's words ringed through my ears like a echo.

    He wasn't attracted to me. The hell? I know he was into me just like i was otherwise he wouldn't have lead anything that night.

   You're being delusional, Meira.

    The small voice inside my head speaks up.

    "I'm not delusional." I muttered to myself and cover my head with the duvet, cozying into the pillow.

    So many thoughts went through my mind. I was almost falling asleep when I heard footsteps in the hallway.

    The faint sounds made me paranoid. I opened my phone screen and saw it was twelve thirty in the morning.

    Is it Austin?

    I got up from my bed and slowly tiptoed. I opened the door seeing Austin. He went inside his room in that very moment and closed the door behind with a soft click.

    Closing my door silently, I sighed. Sliding down the door, i sit on the floor leaning back on it.

    The more I see him, the more attracted I get towards him.

    God!

    What is happening to me!

    Austin thinks all I want from him is sex. But I don't want him for that. I like him. I genuinely like him.

    Oh god, I'm going crazy. I met this guy a couple of weeks ago. Our purpose was just for a night. We fucked. That's it.

    We didn't got the chance to know each other on a deeper level. I don't know shit about him.

    Am I getting post-sex blues? Is it normal? Am I normal?

    There's no doubt that I'm attracted to him. No brainer.

    But liking him...like-like him...?

    I let out a soft growl of frustration.

    Why this guy out of millions of them?!

    I sighed. A small smile made its way to my features in the dark.

    No wonder, people say, 'Forbidden fruit always tastes the sweetest.'

    I stood up and opened my door again. I peeked towards Austin's room to see if there was any movement. No shadows fell from the gap beneath his door.

    Is he already in bed?

    I walked out and softly closed my door, making sure to not cause any noise. I put my hand on his door's knob. A hesitant, shaky sigh leaves my lungs.

    I feel like a creep.

    I AM A CREEP.

    My heart beats faster as i could hear them drumming in my ears, deafening them.

    God, forgive me. Just...just a peek. I wanna make sure he's okay.

    I softly turn the knob, biting my lower lip hard as if it will prevent any sound if the door turns out to be a traitor. My eyes landed on Austin. I let out a sigh, pressed my lips together and licked my lower lip.

    His sleeping form greets me, as he was sprawled in his bed, with his shoes and evening's outfit on. He didn't even bother removing his shoes, let forget, changing out of clothes.

    Should I...?

    No, Meira. That's a really bad idea. Don't do this.

    Well, guess my intrusive thoughts won and I walked inside his room.

    I should be cursed.

    I'm being such a creep. I shouldn't do this. This is not right.

    I went a little closer to his bed and squatted down, watching him. My eyes ran over his beautiful features, making my inside melt. A warm pool gathers lower in my stomach, close to the core.

    I should be arrested for this.

    But...I just couldn't control myself.

    I watch him as the tension leaves my body slowly. His sharp features shone in the city lights that illuminated from his window. The curtains were drawn open.

    I inched a bit closer but stopped midway. Austin reeks of alcohol. I took a sniff–creep–and it smelled like...vodka?

    No wonder, he passed out instantly after coming home.

    Did he go out for a drink? Was it with his friends? ...or a date?

    I felt a pang of jealousy bubbling inside me. Is that why he needed to take an off-duty? He had a date?

    Also, not forgetting to mention, he definitely used that 'Off-duty' as a perfect excuse to man-handle me.

    Well, if he did go on a date, that won't be repeating anytime soon. That girl can call bye-bye to Austin as this man is never touching any other woman other than me.

    I lifted my hand to touch his hair but retreated.

    Okay, it's going way too far.

     Butttt, I touched it anyway. I softly removed a few pieces that framed his forehead, ignoring the itch to run my hand through them. I was on the verge of losing my control and I almost did. But before I gave in to my desires, I removed my hand.

    The night when I ran and pulled his hair, as he thrusted deep inside me, flashes through my mind. My core throb at that thought and my cheeks heat up.

    Austin's breathing was in a soft rhythm. My smile created its own space at this point whenever my eyes landed on him.

    He looks so innocent. His lashes fanning his cheekbones can make any girl go goner. My eyes landed on his lips and the way a shudder went down my body was the sign that I'm corrupted from within.

    I don't wanna go to hell but I desperately want my lips on him. So I opted for the safer option like a good girl I am, and dropped a kiss on his forehead.

    He moaned in his sleep. I pulled away before he could stir up. I stood up and walked out of his room, closing the door softly.

    I was breathing hard by the time I reached my room. My rapid heartbeat echoes in my ears.

    All seems to come down on me as my adrenaline transformed into panic.

    Fuck, fuck, fuck.

    What have I done?

    I fumble on my bed, frantically grabbing my phone. I unlocked my phone and speed dial the only person who would can actually understand me but then knock the sense outta me.

    That's all I need. Knocking some sense in my stupid, dumb, careless brain.

    The phone got picked up by the fourth ring. A click went by, "Hello?" I could hear the sleep in her voice.

    "I fucked up, Serena."