Ch 6 - Check Up

>>>FIVE'S CAR

Please check out my new story 'Dimples of Snow and Love Songs of Ash'. It's also Teen Fiction. Thanks! (^^,)

***

"Ellie, what's wrong?" Nick asked as he walked into my room.

I was sitting at the lounging chair by the windowsill looking out the garden, which is my favourite spot in this room. Nick and Viola mentioned that they bought it and put it there so they I could think in peace, which is what I was doing now.

We'd arrived home and went to do our homework before Nick had to leave for something. I came up to my room to rethink my life in the past week, and I'd been there since. I wiped away the few fallen tears before looking at him.

"It's nothing," I managed to say with a smile.

"I'd believe you if you weren't crying," he sighed, opening his arms up for me. Once again, I stepped into them gratefully.

"Talk to me Ellie. What's wrong? Is it Six?" he asked.

"He's one of the many reasons," I nodded against his chest.

"Ok, talk to me," he said, sitting on my bed. I got up and sat Indian style.

"It's just, I don't know anything anymore Nicky. I thought moving here would clear my head, but if anything, I'm even more confused," I told him.

"You spend a day with the bad boy and you're confused?" he asked amusedly.

I smacked him. "It's not funny!"

"I'm sorry, but it is. You're being a baby," he chuckled.

"I'm not!" I pouted.

"You are. You're afraid that you messed things up with Six because of your stupid move in the cafeteria," he pointed out.

"I didn't even know!" I cried out, falling onto the bed.

"And he'll come around when he realizes that. Now besides that, what's the reason you're crying?" he asked.

"I don't know. I guess it's the uncertainty of my whole life right now. I don't know where I've been and I certainly don't know where I'm going," I replied.

"Well, I can easily answer the second part. You're on your way to being Mrs Six," he smirked.

"That's not his name and that's not happening," I giggled.

"Oh, mark my words, you guys are going to get married, and you're going to have lots of kids together," he smiled.

"I highly doubt Six is a family man," I scoffed.

"You don't know him well enough to judge him like that Ellie," he scolded.

"Alright fine, but I highly doubt he'd settle for me. He'll probably end up with some model looking girl," I argued.

"Why can't he have you? You're beautiful, intelligent, sometimes clumsy and kind. Personally, I would think he doesn't deserve you!" he said passionately.

Ladies and gentleman, my heaven sent brother.

"You're just saying that," I said with tinged cheeks.

"No, I mean it Ellie. You deserve the world, and he'd better be ready to hand it to you on a silver platter if he's going to want you to be his. I wont let you go to some mediocre guy," he said sternly.

"Damn straight, even if I don't know who it is we're talking about," my dad said from the door. I shot Nick a pleading look.

"We're talking about any potential boyfriend she has," Nick saved me.