It's not over yet

(Asif's pov)

I tried so fu**ing much and I still keep on trying, I don't even have any idea why she isn't talking to me anymore.

Lately I've been so weak and stressed, I'm loosing my sanity, I thought that when we would come back we'll both be happy, tell our parents about our marriage, and live our lives together.

Is she giving up?, On me?, On us?, On love?.

No! She can't do that, I won't let her.

Today is a special day for everyone in school cause our school is celebrating it's 20th anniversary since when it was built.

And apparently the school invited families of every child who attends the school.

So now I'm currently in the car with my whole family making our way towards the event.

It's currently 5:00pm so the event must be filled with alot of people by now, but my mind is just on one person.

"Still thinking about Rahma." Asad asked next to me.

Yep my family knows about how miserable I've become ever since she stopped communicating with me.

"Asad." My mom called out his name in a warning tone.

"What mom?, You all didn't see that coming, I always knew that the black girl was no good for him, I tried warning you all and you all didn't listen to me, now look how miserable your son is." He said and I swear I'm this close to punching my brother.

I fisted my hands as I tried to control the shaking and that's when I felt my younger sister's warm hand wrap around mine.

I looked over to her and she gave me an encouraging smile while assuring me with her eyes that everything will be alright.

I hope so.

My Dad parked the car and we all made our way towards the grand hall in front of us.

"The event is a quiet and composed one, not like the crazy teenager's party or the crazy night club."

There were many tables inside the big glamorous hall and each family was given a table number.

We were given the number 25 and we didn't waste anymore time and made our way towards our table.

The event soon started and I kept looking through the big hall, and that was when I finally saw her.

She looked so beautiful in the blue Abaya dress that she wore, with her veil wrapped around her hair which made her look like a princess.

As if sensing my gaze she turned around and that's when we both locked gaze.

I could have sworn that I saw a wave of sadness flood through her eyes as we made eye contact, but she quickly broke our gaze as she said something to her family members and stood up and walked away towards an empty looking coridor

I also didn't waste a minute longer as I quickly stood up

"Excuse me mum I'll be right back." I said and walked towards the same way she went through.

Once I was walking through the empty  corridor, I spotted her walking far away like she could feel my presence and was desperately trying to get away from me.

But I'm just as desperate, maybe even more desperate to get to her

"Rahma!" I called out to her in hope that she'll stop and talk to me, but just like every other time, she ignored me and quickened her steps.

That only made me furious as I also quickened my steps and finally caught up to her.

I held her by the arm and roughly pulled her around to face me.