23

It was just a few days before Christmas break started, and I was in my chambers getting ready for my first date with Nott. I put a scrunchie in my mouth as I walked across the room, braiding my hair. I was wearing simple black tight jeans, with dark brown, over the knee boots. A blue Beauxbatons cashmere sweater hugged my figure. Just as I tied the end of my braid with the scrunchie, my uncle was leaning against my door frame.

"I'm not sure if I like this." He frowned.

"What part exactly? The part of me going on a date? Or because it's with a Slytherin?" I asked as I grabbed my coat and walked out of my room with him on my heels.

"No, it's not because he's a Slytherin. It seems like he's a good guy."

"What then?" I asked when I pulled on the coat, putting the braid of my shoulder.

"You know how I am with you dating. I even had it with Jack, and I've known him for ages."

"Oh, I know." I laughed. "I remember you tried to send him away when he came to pick me up over the summer, you told him I had the pox before I threw a bread roll at your head."

"Can't blame me for being overprotective."

"No, I cannot." I kissed his cheek. "But I'm not a little kid anymore, uncle Moony."

"You'll always be my cub." He smiled softly. "Even if you're sixteen and have a more mischievous streak than me back in the day."

"I learned from the best." I grinned and turned to walk to the door. My hand pushed the handle and the door creaked open.

"No sex!"

"REMUS!" I growled as I looked at him wide eyed. "The fucking door is open!"

"Sorry." He muttered, looking a little ashamed.

"Well, now you won't know what I'm going to do, now are you?" I shot him a little smile, reassuring him not would happen. "I'll see you in a few hours." I waved behind me before walked over the large front doors of the castle.

Emmett Nott seemed the picture of relaxation as he leaned casually against the wall. He was wearing a dark grey wool pea coat, with simple jeans and Timberland boots. His brown hair curled over his eyes as he leaned his head against the stone wall. I walked over with a smile as it didn't look like he heard me walk closer. I stopped in front of him and went to lean close to make him jump, just a little. But then suddenly his hand, that was hanging loosely next to him, gripped my waist. He opened his eyes and looked down; his eyes dark.

"Don't think you'll get me that easy again, Lupin-Black."

"And here I was thinking you liked it when I call you by your first name. Ah well." I shrugged. "Nott it will be." I pursed my lips, hiding a smile as his gaze grew intense. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah." He smiled as he pushed himself off the wall, leaving him only centimetres from me. His smirk in place before he turned and offered his arm for me to loop through. I accepted it before we walked out of the castle, on the crunching snow beneath our feet. The castle and the grounds looked like a winter wonderland, like I saw in books or movies. "So, what are your plans during break?" He asked as we reached the path that led to the village.

"Nothing much. Catching up on the potions I missed from Professor Snape's class, Christmas with my uncle and New Year's with Draco and his mother. You?"

"My parents, Theo and I go to Spain for the first week, like we do every year, but other than that." He shrugged. "I'm just going to enjoy a few days without studying, classes or homework."