Can You Be Killed in Your Sleep?

Welcome back!

I just hit 101 total reads on this story! I know it's not a lot compared to a lot of other people, but to me it's incredible.

Thank you so much for reading this story! There's no way I can express my gratitude.

In this chapter, the Golden Trio are the only people with POVs. Will they feel sorry for Percy? Who knows?

Now, let's get on with the show!!

Harry's POV:

I woke up to shuffling.

I thought, This is it. This is the time where Percy is going to be caught red handed doing some evil bidding for Voldemort.

Turns out I was half right. I woke up to Percy, alright. Instead of him doing something odd, though, he was fast asleep. However, instead of instilling it, he was shaking with fear. His body was moving, like he was reacting to something.

Or someone.

As this went on, Neville and Ron woke up and watched the spectacle, unsure what to do.

A few minutes later, things started to get out of control. Percy started muttering words under his breath. He was tossing and turning, like he wanted to escape but couldn't. Then he went still.

Other than biting his lip, he wasn't moving. But then he started shaking more and more. That should have been concerning, but my focus was mainly on the red liquid coming out of his side.

Blood.

Apparently, Neville and Ron noticed it too. Neville jumped out of bed, trying to get Percy to wake up. He yelled in Percy's ear, slapped him, poked him with a sharp quill, but nothing worked.

We were discussing getting Professor Trelawney (who's the new Head of Gryffindor) when we realised that she would probably hear the noise that came next.

The scream.

Ron's POV:

Percy's scream was worse than any scream in the war. It was like he had held in so much pain and discomfort and was somehow able to let it all out in one short scream.

As soon as the sound was released from his mouth, the dorm was swarmed by girls and boys, some being pushed out of the way by Professor Trelawney, who was trying to make her way to Percy.

"Dear God!" she cried. "What happened?"

Hermoine gave me and Harry a suspicious glance, but I shook my head. We'd never go this far. At least not until we knew what he'd done.

"We don't know," Harry said. "We woke up to him muttering and shaking. We didn't know what to do, so we just waited until he stopped so we could go back to sleep. But then we noticed that." Harry pointed towards the blood. Everyone gasped.

"We decided that we should wake him up. Neville slapped his face, poked him, even yelled in his ear! But nothing would wake him up. We were going to get you, but then he screamed." I could tell that Harry was scared.

Before Professor Trelawney could say something, Percy started muttering.

"No. . . . . . . . Annabeth. . . . . . . Save them. . . . . . . . Help."

Percy didn't just sound scared - he sounded guilty. Like he should have been there - like he should have done something. My thoughts were starting to work - very slowly, mind you - when Percy bolted up straight.

Hermoine's POV:

As soon as Percy woke up, his hand immediately went to his pen. He always carried it with him. Whenever he was nervous, he would play with the pen and hold it like it was a sword. When he saw where he was, Percy relaxed, but immediately tensed up when he saw the crowd. He was confused for a moment when realisation crossed his face.

"Uh, thanks for watching?" he said.

That ticked me off. "Thanks for watching! You have just screamed in your sleep, have been unresponsive to pokes and yells sent your way, and that's all you say? What is wrong with you!"

Apparently, Percy doesn't understand rhetorical questions. He started to use his fingers, counting and muttering.

Confused and shocked, Percy got up to 34 before he gave up. "Too many things to count."

Everyone burst into laughter. Even I chuckled a bit, but then I noticed the blood once more.

Percy noticed my gaze and followed it. When he noticed the blood, he shot out of bed, wincing in pain.

"What the Hades!" he said. "Gods, not again!" I think that was meant to be a whisper.

Percy made his way out of the room and went into the bathroom and locked the door. Despite our attempts, he would not let us in. Even when he tried Alohomora, Percy would just lean on the door until we gave up pushing, then would lock it with the locking spell.

Despite the shouting, I heard the sound of running water and a sigh in relief.

"You know, it's the middle of the night!" Percy called from inside the room. "Like, if you guys decide to leave, I won't be mad!" I'm sure I heard Percy mutter, I won't even notice. 

Rude.

Although they mightn't have heard him, people got the message and started filing out. I, however, stayed and waited. I wanted to question him about the incident. Soon enough, I was the last person waiting other than Harry, Ron and Neville.

"Hermoine," Percy said, sounding better than before. "I know you're still out there. With all due respect, please go away."

Miffed, I gave on hard glance at Harry and Ron, sending a message with my eyes. When I left, I was still curious about Percy.

As I entered my dorm, I heard my roommate say, "Damn, he's good looking!"

He sure is, I thought to myself.

Wait, what?

Ooh, bad job Hermoine! Don't tell Annabeth you said that!

Thank you for reading this chapter.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Until next time!

Chloe :)