The Not-So-Percy Percy

Hey guys! Welcome back!!

This chapter is going to have a lot of different POVs, just letting you know.

Have fun reading this chapter! I hope you enjoy it!!

Ron's POV:

If we had Hermoine with us, we wouldn't be in this bloody mess. If me and Harry pieced things together sooner, then Percy might've not ended up in the hospital wing.

"This is not good Ron!" Harry said. "This is not good at all!"

"What do we do?" I asked. "He's locked the front door and already has a massive head start on us."

"We just need to find another way out." I said, trying to think. "Is there another way out?"

Harry had a lightbulb moment and gasped. "Our brooms!" he declared. "We need to find our brooms!"

Harry and I raced down the hall, trying to get to the changing rooms. We had to double back several times to avoid teachers or prefects. Despite what we did last year, we still weren't given any special treatment, much to my disappointment.

When we finally made our way to the Quidditch changing rooms, both Harry and I were out of breath. We were slow to find our brooms and mount them. My legs felt heavy, and I wanted to fall down and sleep. But I managed to get myself into the air without falling asleep.

We entered the Quidditch pitch and soared outside the field. I was thinking that we'd only take a few minutes to get there when something stopped us.

The winds were working against us, trying to get us to turn back. The winds kept mine and Harry's broom in the same spot, letting us get a cm every 10 seconds. I knew instantly that this wasn't a natural occurrence. 

"What's going on?" Harry shouted.

"I think Voldemort is trying to stop us from reaching Percy!" I shouted back. "He knows we're coming!"

"Well, it's getting really annoying!"

We managed to get about a quarter of the way to the lake before we heard a scream that I'd heard before.

Percy's scream.

He sounded so in pain - so hurt - that we both doubled our efforts. We were making more progress, and we were picking up pace. We just had to keep on going.

Suddenly, Percy went silent, and the winds stopped fighting against us. I realised that something bad was happening. The extra momentum we got from fighting the winds carried us further in the air and we were almost there.

"Get your wand ready, Ron!" Harry shouted at me. I took got my wand in my hand and got ready to use it.

"Lumos!" Harry shouted. His wand illuminated the area below us and we could see every tree and shrub.

"Percy!" I yelled. "Where are you!" My eye caught something below us. A cloak was littered on the floor, discarded in the mud.

I swooped down and grabbed it, showing Harry what I'd found.

"Here you go, mate," I said, handing him the cloak.

"Thanks Ron," Harry said.

We reached the Black Lake and began searching. After a full minute of finding nothing, Harry suddenly pointed to a tree on the other side of the Black Lake.

"There!" he shouted triumphantly. I looked over to where he was pointing, and I saw what he meant. A body was lying on the ground, not moving. They were wearing the Gryffindor colours . . . and had jet black hair.