𝔽𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

In this chapter italics are flash backs <3

Chapter forty forty three

Flashbacks

"A twin?" James asked with raise eyebrows, "Alexandra this isn't a good time for jokes okay?"

The girl scoffed, "I'm not joking okay? Now if you want to know what happened before, listen." She said causing James to roll his eyes but still listen, Remus had been looking at the girl solely since she mentioned that Monroe had a twin.

Alex sighed before being, "I've been beset friends with Monroe since we were babies, and she's never told a soul this story but I feel like it's necessary given the situation," she swallowed, "Monroe had a twin brother, called Maxwell, and they were inseparable."

"Max!" Yelled a five Monroe with a giggle as her brother chased her through the hedges of their garden.

"I'm gonna catch you Dahlia!" Replied a boy the same age, Max, with the brightest smile ever, using the nickname he'd adapted for her since he could speak.

"If max was a girl they would've been identical, same eyes, same hair, everything. He's the one that stared calling them by their middle names," She continued swallowing back some emotion, "one day when we all was ten, and William was eleven we snuck out into the garden, it was late, pitch black out, but Monroe insisted because it was the night before William went to Hogwarts, she wanted it to me memorable.

"I don't know about this Dahlia, it's really dark outside." Muttered Maxwell as the four began trudging through the garden into the woods that it lead too.

"Ah don't worry Sloan," William began, using Max's middle name, "It'll all be fine, I'm here, Dahlia's here and Alex, nothings gonna happen." He finished as he messed up his little brothers hair, making the younger boy huff before walking forward a walking in step with his twin.

"Monroe thought it would be a good idea to go into the woods and practice some magic, just the basics, making sticks float and stuff lighting leaves on fire," she muttered with a sniffle, "but things got out of hand."

Monroe and Maxwell dances around the bonfire the four had made as William and Alex were making a few sticks float in the air their giggling and childish sounds where to loud to hear the approaching danger.

It happened to quickly, one moment Maxwell was twirling her under his arm, the next she was letting out a shrill scream as she came face to face with a human looking beast, but it wasn't in anyway it was a wolf.

It was a flash, the beast beard it's teeth she clenched her eyes closed, ready for the searing pain, but it never came, she opened her eyes as screamed again in horror as she saw Maxwell laying bloody on the floor his chest heaving up and down heavily.

"She thought it was her fault." She said with a voice crack, "She kept screaming, screaming in pure agony."

A horrific scream tore from her throat as she collapsed to her knees besides her brother as she yelled at William and Alex, "Go! Go get mum now," when she saw the tears in Williams eyes she shook her head, "Go! Now go get mum!" That was it before the two sprinted off.

"Max," she said, her voice barley audible over the cracks and sobs, "Max, why would you do that?"

The boy choked on his own blood, the liquid spilling from the corner of his mouth, "You're my little sister, it's my job to protect you."

She was breathing so heavily at this point, "By eight minutes Max! Eight, why would you do this, pleases don't leave me." She sobbed as she pressed down on the wound, trying to slow the bleeding, it wasn't working.

"I love you Ro." He whispered, before his eyes closed for the last time, leaving Monroe there, soggy and screaming over her brothers dead body.

"She didn't move firm Max's bed, didn't eat, drink, for days." Alex muttered, "Didn't do anything at all. That's the one other time I've seen her like this."

HEY

HEY

Sorry this took long to write BUT I've started a spin off of this book in the golden era and I've written like ten chapters instead of doing the books i actually have published.

SEE YA